Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Let's see Pets again

jel48
15 years ago

Janice, we haven't seen a new photo of Barnie for a few weeks and I know he has to be growing (well maybe not too much :-)

Here are pics of my 4 legged babies in the leaves:

Tessa:

Lexie:

Ginger:

Ok everyone, show your pets!

Comments (26)

• esther_opal
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Our 3 rescued dogs.

Our small dog and 1 of our 3 rescue cats.

Same Dog and another rescue cat (Butch) and my rescue wife, found her living under a viaduct.

Here is Butch enjoying a the "robe cave"

• shade_tolerant
    15 years ago

I LOVE pet photos!
    Joyce I remember you had another dog, her name started with an E I think? I know she had some medical problems, very glad to see you have some more pals now!
    EO and here I thought I was the only one with three rescued dogs! I'm very partial to large orange tabby cats, had one named Peach Pie for a very long time.
    I'm so envious of you both, I wish I could get my pets to pose for pix.
    Eileen

• Janice
    15 years ago

OH MY WORD!!! What awesome pics Joyce and I love the black and white dogs in the white snow, Butch!
    Being more of a cat person, of course I love any cat photos! And your pet Patsy is a keeper, too!

I need to take some more recent ones of Barney! He is just so darn cute! Personality plus! He's up to almost
    10 lbs at 7 months now, and ready to get his 'little red-wagon fixed' soon!

I just took some shots of my Ragdoll, 'Buddy' the other day! Here's how it went:

He's such a *ham*!!!

• esther_opal
    15 years ago

Those are some beautifulllllllllll cats!

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

Those are all wonderful pictures and beautiful pets. I'm partial to orange cats too though you'll see I don't have any. I did have a big, fluffy fellow named Clancy who was Mandy's son. He got scared by the neighbors Mule named Moses and, I think - I hope, went to live elsewhere. Kristen's sister Heather (seen in my page) has gone to live with the neighbors part way down the hill. She hated Bo and went crazy every time he was in the room. She's happy there and an only cat so I figured she might as well live the reast of her life in peace. Brody is a rescue dog in that he came from a puppy mill. He was fostered for year by another family who couldn't keep him. We'd lost our previous dog Sheba to cancer (at age 12). There was one day I was drawn to look for dogs given away. That was the exact day Brody's former family advertized him. It was meant to be.

Janice, wheres your Beau? Buddy can type if I remember right and likes to help you with the computer?

Eo, it seems like yours all get along really well. Maybe it's having the females but mine tolerate each other at best and no one like Bo.

Here are my babies:

{{gwi:662379}}

• jel48
    Original Author
    15 years ago

EO, Ginger, Tessa, and Lexie are all rescue dogs too. They all came to us through Peke-N-Chin rescue, which is based in the twin cities area of MN. Once having gone 'rescue', I doubt whether we'll ever go looking for a pet any other way, now. BTW, I bet your rescue wife was awfully glad to get out from under that viaduct! And those orange tabby kittens of yours are sure sweet! We don't have cats, and I kind of miss them. Both of my kids are definite cat people and we've always had them around. But, they (kids not cats) grew up and the cats moved to new homes with them!

Eileen, you're right, that you do remember another dog. That was Elly May. Elly is a Boston Terrior and she went blind at 2 1/2 years old. When she was about 4, my neices raised a litter of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and my darling little Sophie entered the family. Although Elly still got around well and played hard whenever there were kids around to play with her, she had gotten pretty sedentary. Just laid around most of the time at home. When Sophie came (at 8 weeks old), it was like Elly had been given a new chance at life! She mothered Sophie and they became best friends. They play... you should see them run full speed around and around the yard. They play chase mostly, outdoors, and sometimes indoors too. Elly chases Sophie. Sophie caught on early that if she is very very still and quiet, Elly can't find her! It's funny to watch them. They also play tuggle (tug of war) with ropes and toys. There's all kinds of rowdiness and grrrrring and pulling going on when they do that!

Then my ex-husband and I split up. Elly was his dog (before we had married) and I had paid my neices dearly for the chance of having Sophie (and she was worth every cent and more too!). But I couldn't split up Elly and Sophie and I couldn't take either one from Tom, so they stayed with him. I miss them both but I can visit them any time (any time I get back to MN that is).

Then, last winter, I was sick for a whole week. It was so lonely in that house all alone with no sweet, friendly, loving little faces looking up worrying about how I was and I said 'I've got to get a dog!'. So I went looking on PetFinder.com and I found Tessa. Then I kept looking and I found Lexie. They were both with Peke-N-Chin so I emailed and told them that I wanted to meet both of them! They came home with me in time for Valentine's day :-)
    Lexie has just turned two years old, and Ginger is about 4.

As you can see from the picture below, Lexie and Tessa have been able to meet Elly and Sophie.

Ginger joined the family about 3 months later. She is 8 1/2 years old and needed to be placed as a permanent, long term foster. These three girls will never have to worry about being alone, unwanted, or on the street again, that's for sure! They are three spoiled, but very sweet and loving, little girls~

Here's one more pic, this one of me with my pets that don't live with me any more and with two of my pets that do live with me. This one was taken before Ginger became part of my family.

Thanks for the 'awesome' compliment, Janice! Emi and I both loved the way these three girls looked in the leaves and had to take pics! It is soooo funny to see them wading through (in places) piles of leaves up to their backs! Your Buddy is one beautiful cat! A friend of mine has a ragdoll cat, and they are sure great pets, aren't they? Here's is mostly white, with a little buff and tan marking on her face. Just a sweetheart!

Myrle, your Beth does, indeed, look like she is queen of the home! She and Mandy both look wonderful, despite their 17 years! I hope they both have many more years with you. And Kristin and Bo look to be sweethearts too! That Bo must be quite the athelete! Elsa, of course, seems to be truely well rounded :-) Brody, I think, we've met before and it is great to see new pics of him (and his friend)!

Pets truely add so much to our lives, don't they!

• esther_opal
    15 years ago

"Pets truely add so much to our lives, don't they!'

I have no memory in my life without a pet, BIG BUTT I'm not sure who is the pet me or them?

• shade_tolerant
    15 years ago

Wow, look at all the photogenic pets!!! Now I just have to get my dogs and cat posed for the camera.
    McT your pet pix are as nice as your hosta ones!
    Love that cat Janice, what a personality!
    EO send me one of those orange tabbies, no fair having more than one!
    Joyce, yes Elly! I do remember she'd lost her sight, always wondered how she was doing. What a great pic of her and of course you and pals. I didn't realize you had divorced but happy you have visiting rights with Elly and Sophie.

• msjo
    15 years ago

Baby Girl (Alexis) helping with the decorations.

Bruiser being his true Majestic self.

Puddin (Tanner) what a handsome boy.

Sargent, our faithful watch dog.

• msjo
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone for sharing their pet pictures. They're beautiful.

• Janice
    15 years ago

Wow, 'msjo' you have some awesome looking pets, too!! Your 'Tanner' and my 'Beau' look
    a lot alike, and we have a Black Lab, too--her name is 'Molly'!

Are 'Alexis' and 'Bruiser' litter mates? The name 'Bruiser' seems like it might be appropriate--whoooaaa!!!

Here's a couple of our 'Beau', who 'McT' had asked about earlier:

His favorite spot, is my spot in the bed!!!

Sweet, sweet Beau!!

and I found some more of 'Buddy':

Caught in the act of being 'regal'!!

Buddy likes to 'lay around the house' as in every room! Notice he likes to be up high! I think
    he thinks he can
    better keep an eye on all that's going on, in every room!

A new washer--he also considers himself the 'final inspector'!

• msjo
    15 years ago

koidom - how beautiful! Your papillons are adorable....and the bunny....and, of course, all of them.

hey_j - No, they are not litter mates. Baby Girl is part persian and Bruiser (yes, he can be a brat, hence the name) is supposedly part Russian Blue. Your Beau is beautiful, I love long haired cats. Brusier will set in front of the washer and watch it, too funny. Buddy is gorgeous, what breed is he?

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

Ms Jo

• Janice
    15 years ago

I agree with 'Ms Jo', all your pets are beautiful and just so neat! You do have quite a 'collection'!

We have a new dog, (part Papillon) and we just LOVE him--he really is a bright and happy little guy!
    How much do yours weigh, Koidom?
    Our little 'Barney' is probably right around 10 lbs. at 7 1/2 months! I hope he's done growing---I liked him at 7
    lbs. but it's okay if he doesn't get alot bigger! I wanted a lap dog!!!

Here's a couple of 'Barney' I took tonight:

Here's our Lab, 'Molly':

Ms Jo, thank you for your nice comments about 'the boys'! Buddy is a Ragdoll--and a wonderful breed
    it is! They are described as 'dogs in cat bodies' and I'd say that is a very accurate statement!
    Personality plus--not one to be ignored! :o)

Janice

• koidom
    15 years ago

Thank you Ms Jo, I got enough love thats for sure! I only posted part of the "kids"

Hi Janice,

I only own the light coloered pap the one pictured alone below and with the other one, the dark one is named Abby and we meet her at a dog show, she is about seven/ eight pounds but sporting a little extra weight and could probably go down to six/seven.

She is having a litter at some point and I would love to have a Abby puppy as the family really cares about her and the health first plus they are good enough to show, Abby should be finshing soon.

My little girl Chi-chi is just a hair over five pounds, with all her fluff she feels like a feather picking her up. quite small for a pap but it seems like that's what the breed is going to.

I hope they don't get too small and light boned, my girl is almost perfect but she is a little small and ever so danity and I did not raise her so she is not the "look at me dog" in the show ring. but I just love her too bits and she is my baby.

I did not want to risk her having a litter, I wish she was a bit bigger as she comes from really good lines and was breed by the president of the papillon club of America.

I would love to have another just like her with a killer show dog personality. Chi-chi was raise in a kennel and all she wants to do is be picked up and carried around she hates walking! they are just the most charming little dogs ever! well to me anyway.

You boy has grown a lot! and is very cute! Don't this puppy look a lot like him? I thought so!
    {{gwi:896613}}

• Janice
    15 years ago

re: Don't this puppy look a lot like him? I thought so!

Yes--he does!! I've not been able to find many full-blood Paps with his coloring so I am very confused
    as to the 'mix' he has. The one you posted, above, is he/she the one you are talking about
    and is full-blood 'Pap'? I'm thinking it is!

My Sister in-law keeps insisting he's part beagle, but I'm not thinking that's what's in him!
    We were told he is part Pap/Chinese Crested, but I just don't see it!! He's got the silkiest
    wavy hair on his back(it's getting longer) and his tail is filling out nicely, with black on the top
    of it and tan (more coarse) on the underside of it! He hardly sheds at all, too, which is
    a 'plus' for sure!!

The 'Pap' part is obvious, but I think at 10 lbs., the other factors are unclear!
    If I had $100 to spare, I could get his DNA checked! But, whatever he is, he is wonderful!

Now, about *house training*--better than it was but still not great yet! He comes to me and jumps up
    a lot! Sometimes it's just to say "Hi!", other times I'm finding out it may mean "Hey--I gotta go out!"
    but if I'm on the computer, I'm not always aware of the 'inteniton' of the attention getting approach!! Groan!

• koidom
    15 years ago

All Toys are hard to potty train, paps even more then others sadly.

Sounds like he is doing good.

The puppy is purebreed long hair chihuahua, paps should always be white and a dark color never with out the white and never soild white.

Chihuahua's where breed with papillons and yorkies to get the long hair type so many long hair chihuahua's look like paps.

Chinese Crested is a breed that has a LOT of different looking types powder puff and the hairless type I belive you do a lot of shaving to get the show type with the bold body and the mane and hairy feet.

If you did not get him from a breeder who breeds for type and love of the breed just for money then he could very well be the cross they said I have known many chihuahua's with full AKC papers that are 15 or more pounds and they are to be no more then six.

as long as you send in the litter fees and don't show AKC don't give a damn if your toys are huge lol.

larger toys have more babies, and more natrual bitrh, two things you want when breeding for money and not for type.

And the show lines of papillon are offten breed back to their sire to keep the breed small, when you cross two purebreeds a lot of times you will get a jump in size.

And if they said he was part pap and Chinese Crested he could have other things in him as well. :)

• Janice
    15 years ago

Thank you, koidom!! Lots of good info you've provided.
    Whatever he is, he's a keeper--but I think I'm gonna
    have to put some diapers on him!!! Sigh!!

Any suggestions on how to better train him?

Janice

• koidom
    15 years ago

No sorry I wish! I only half trust my girl, of course I got her at five years of age and she was a kennal dog, but I don't trust her 100% I'm sure Barnay is leaps and bounds ahead of her. she has came to get me once in two years!

It took her a year to be where I don't have to watch her 24/7 it used to be I would turn my back and see her coming back into the room and I knew she ran out and messed it took seconds on her part!

He should have better control then something five pounds, my moms skipper/Chihuahua cross is about 15 and he has really good control and is 100% trustworthy of course she leaves him pee pads when she is gone for more then a few hours.

We are down to a opps about every three months but I make her go out a LOT and only if I'm too busy does the opps happen but she never says hey I need to go potty :( she tells me when her balls get lost, Does Barnay have a thing for tiny balls with bells? all the paps I know go nuts for the cat toys.

paps and most toy Dogs are very possessive of their people and have dominate personailtys that can play into potty training.

other then crate train and have them out when you can watch them.

Chi-chi sticks to my side like super glue if she is not in eye sight she is getting in the trash or pottying inside.

My sister has gaven her the nick name... The defecating treasure seeker....... so you get the idea.....lol! what a show name huh?

With chi-chi she HATES going outside with out me she flat out refused so as stupid as it sounds I had to have a few knock out drag out fights and be the leader so when I point out the door she goes, she is so sweet but she hated the thought of leaving me as she was alone in a kannel for five years she thinks my husband is a joke and if i'm gone she feels like she can mess in the house so he has had to step up and be the boss but it's so hard as she is so KOOT!!!! and stubren she don't give in easy lol. so with her it's part of a leadership thiing, she is a ture toy very possessive and she trys to rule the house and tell my husband he can't come into the same room as her and mommy if she is in my lap so I don't hold her in my lap all the time as she gets too bad and nippy yippy growly, she should know she is a doggy and not the lap police!

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

{{gwi:347518}}

{{gwi:347519}}

{{gwi:896616}}

{{gwi:896618}}

These are our babies,cocoa is the dark long hair,she has social issues,meaning,she does NOT like people.Her mommy was killed when she was barley able to open her eyes, so we took her in,the vet said he can always tell when a cat has not been rasied by it's mommy,for the very fact that they will be un-friendly,because mommy was not around to teach them proper behavier.She is 5 years old.
    We just sprang Sammie from prison a couple of months ago, we really thought he would teach Cocoa some manners,but no, she hates him as well.Maybe over time eh?
    Regardless, we love them both.
    Carol

• Janice
    15 years ago

Lu,luv-luv your kitties, Carol!!!! Thank you, so much!!!!

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

I did not have time this morning to comment on all of your pets, they are truley amazing little loves,my little guys are so much fun.
    The doges every one posted are great,the little ones must be the new "Little" dog to have, i see a lot of people with them now,allways said if i were to have a dog, it would be a Lab,they are such a devoted dog,imo.
    I hope some more show us their pets,they are fun to look at.
    Carol

• spencersmom
    15 years ago

I love all the pics! I will have to get one of Spencer up. I only have 100 or so, I will pick a fav.

Spence and I are totally connected and he is always in eye sight of me when I am home.

Spencer sleeps with me and this morning Spencer starts breathing erratically, then starts whimpering and his legs are twitching. I thought uh oh! Bad dream. So I start to pet him gently and now hes growling in his sleep at whatever was touching him. So I started saying Spencer.. come here come to Mama just kind of quietly and he stopped growling. After maybe a minute he looked up at me and he was clearly confused. He just kind of looked at me like.. is she really here? Then we had to have snuggles. :)

• butch_ragland
    15 years ago

ANYONE HUNGRY My three beggars!

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. We just finished watching The Bucket List and talked about what we would like to do in our lives. Hugging a lion, tiger or other Big Cat is at the top of my list.

• Janice
    15 years ago

McT--that is hilarious!! Good job! It took me a bit to figure out
    what you had done!!! LOL