Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome Dragoness

Posted by teresa_mn Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 7:07

I see you joined us yesterday - welcome! And where in Canada do you live?

Teresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome Dragoness

I live 1/2 hour north of Kingston Ontario. I think this forum was a real lucky find for me. I am quite new to hostas, but love every one of them. I am proud to say that I have acquired 66 different ones thus far. I have even interested my friends in hostas...and some of them are not into gardening at all.

How about yourself, Teresa?

Bel

o

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. I've been at this for 4 years going on 300 hostas. I don't know for sure because my records got out of control this year. Rule number one - label your hostas and keep a list of what you have.

I'm glad you found us. Lot's of good people here. Don't be afraid to ask a question. We were all new once too.

There is usually a lot more conversation going on here....it does kind of slow down around the holidays though. Then people start getting the catalogs and planting their hosta seeds indoors and things pick up again in January.

Teresa

o

hi bel...

welcome...

it was about this time last year that i found this site...
took me many hours,,,,but i read every single post there was...

if you haven't found it yet...go to the hosta library...you could get lost for "Weeks" in there....

jill...

o

• Posted by hey_j z5b Dayton Oh. (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 23:56

Welcome Bel--eventhough this is a quieter time of the year for the hosta forum--there
is still much to be learned by checking in and reading through all the previous posts
and doing some searches for specific topics you might be interested in!

Hope you find yourself right at home with us! We love our Canadian friends here!

janice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here