Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_margo

Which Labeler do I ask Santa for?

aka_margo
17 years ago

Ok, I am working on my Christmas list. I know I want a brother p-touch, but not sure which model since there are hundreds. What labeler does everyone else have for their plant stakes? I would like one that can connect to the computer so I can download my long list of hostas to the labeler.

Comments (7)

• hostared
    17 years ago

Hi Margo,
    I posted that question last year when I wanted one for Christmas. Check the QA Facts on the other side and you will find much information from our hostaholics. I use the brother p-touch I can't find my info on the type but it was under $50. Also get one that is water-proof. A great tip that was listed by someone was...to save tape space, run all your names together then cut them apart later. You can save inches of tape this way. Using a smaller font size helps also. Also make sure you can do two lines...also helps. They are on sale so you should be able to get one you like. Mine was purchased at Staples.
    Gloria

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

this should be posted over on the hosta forum .. instead of the 'conversations' side .... i think you will get more answers ..... and will be a great primer for other newbie types ....

go with the brothers system ... i can not tell you about computer linked systems though ...

start by determining the tag that you will attach the label too .. and make sure the system you get, can accommodate the 'look' you want ...

Google EON industries.. for bulk orders of great zinc coated tag ...

ken

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I wasn't sure if talk about a labeler was "allowed" on the other side. It's very confusing sometimes to figure out which side to put things on. Anyway, I found a great deal on one and decided to go with the p-touch 1950.

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

You will love it. I have the P-Touch 1750 (I think that's the model). Ken once said to be sure to make the letters big enough so that people can read them even if they are at the back of the garden. With 300 hostas, I found that to be good advice. Sometimes I even use more than one piece of tape if the name is long.

I post over hear most of the time. Someone may add something OT to my thread and if it's on this side we don't have to worry about people getting bent out of shape.

Teresa

• User
    17 years ago

Margo, you didn't waite for Santa? You are going to love your P-touch labels. Some friends bought me a P-touch for my birthday this year (I hinted a little). Who else besides a hostaholic would get excited about receiving a labeler for their birthday.

I spent the summer re-labeling all my collections and a few other things too. I bought new Eon tags in bulk for the project. I like the look of the clear label with black lettering. P-touch has quite a few tape colors to choose from, depending on your preference. Good luck with the labeling project.

• aka_margo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I do still have to wait for Santa for mine. The one I bought was actually for my best friend who is also as obsessed with hostas as I am. So I got her the labeler and a ton of zinc plant markers. Our husbands will think we are crazy, but she is going to love it.

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

This is the one I bought for myself earlier this year. I love it and now all my hostas (and some other plants) are labeled and look professional, lol.

It says it's a one line labeler, but it does print out a 2 line label as well.

Janet

Here is a link that might be useful: Brother Garden Labeler