Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Have any favorite quotes to share?

Janice
14 years ago

I am finding I love to find the thoughts of others that have been preserved as 'quotes'!

I would love to hear what many of you have considered 'noteworthy'!

I just found this one, and also find that I totally agree with it (lots of 'finding' going on in this posting):

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,

we don't believe in it at all." ~ Chomsky

Comments (7)

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Hi hey_j and everyone here in the forum, My name is Linda and I just joined yesterday.I have previously just browsed around the site as I became familiar with it just recently.I am broadening my gardening to include Hostas and that is how I found this site. I have to tell u that I have enjoyed your pictures immensely and have been inspired by them to include even more hosta in my gardens. WOW! Janice, your pictures are absolutely beautiful and I hope someday I will too have such beauties. Barney is the cutest too! Well here is a quote I would like to share... The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.
    - Anne Frank

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW, and thank you, 'planthoarder'! You've sure brightened my day!! I'm so glad you
    have taken the time to join in and post on this forum and to share the quote by Anne Frank!

I love that one, too! And to think, how such a darling and wise girl could have that outlook
    at such a tender age!!! I have to feel she was gifted with the ability to see some of the most important
    things in life to enjoy! And, I agree with her that nature is one of God's great joys and solace!

Please post again, even on the discussion side! You have to know, we welcome you, wholeheartedly!
    I've made some of my favorite friendships through this Hosta forum! :o)

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Thank U for such a kind welcoming.I too hope to make some friends and also learn more about hostas,get ideas and share some too.And of course, see more of your beautiful garden pics! :)

• hostasformez4
    14 years ago

My own personal motto: It's about cleaning house. Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow!!!! LOL At least it's that way during the summer months while I can be outside.

Connie

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL, Connie---and for me, it's finally 'tomorrow'!!! Groan!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Janice, love your quote. Chomsky is a favorite of mine!

Here's one from me:
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    and on a lighter note (hmmm...wonder why this comes to mind-middle shelf in back...):
    "I hate women because they always know where things are."
    ~James Thurber

• jel48
    14 years ago

'The more I practice, the luckier I get'. Source unknown. It was originally said about backgammon but applies to so much in life!