Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmaki

The Post Office has squashed the Elf!

Teresa_MN
17 years ago

What the heck?????? We've got the Llama Express in southeastern Pennsylvania and it must be the Tortoise Express here in Minnesota. The 4th envelope of seeds went to playinmud - Donna. I just got an email that she has not received it yet. I sent it 1st Class mail on Tuesday, October 26th.

What's up with that??? Good thing I've got more seeds to send.

Comments (8)

• i_dig_it
    17 years ago

Isn't that just typical of our postal system. How dare they squash the Hosta Elf!!!
    We have had numerous pieces of our mail go undelivered and as a consequence of some bills not arriving on time were charged late fees to boot! Where does this mail disappear to? Poof! It's just gone???
    Bah Humbug! to the postal service!

Janet

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Teresa, we're still using pony express aren't we? LOL! Maybe I'd better drive out and pick them up??

Short story about my tiny post office. At the begining of last winter one of the postal workers (he is the nicest guy) without thinking stuck his hand in the clogged snow blower and sliced the ends of his fingers off. He came back to work about two months later, arm in a sling. Well, we had another big blast of snow a month later, and he did it again to the same fingers. He stays away from the snow blower.

• aka_margo
    17 years ago

I'll have to remind my husband to stay away from snowblowers!! He works for the post office.

There was just an article in the paper about some postal carrier I think in Pennsylvania who died of a heart attack. He was like 54. Anyway, when they went to clean out his apartment they found tons of undelivered mail (mostly junk mail) from the time he had started at the post office until recent. They had to take trucks to haul all the mail away.

• newhostaaddict
    17 years ago

hi all,,,,

jen...that sounds like a "seinfeld" episode...

people.....please be careful with your lawn mowers and snowblowers...

even when turned off,,,there is a recoil thingy part that spins the blades and will chop off whatever is in it's way...don't take a chance....call in the experts...
    better safe than sorry...

jill

• playinmud
    17 years ago

Jill you're right, that does sound like a Seinfeld episode. LOL!

And about snowblowers...keep a stick with the machine...use that instead of your hand. In the instance I wrote about earlier, the machine was turned off. Once the clog was loosened the auger snapped and severed the ends of his fingers. Nasty stuff.

• User
    17 years ago

I saw that story on the news too. When the camera panned his apartment, I think I saw the tip of the elf's hat on a pieces of mail....

• Teresa_MN
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well that explains it! More seeds will be on the way to Donna and maybe a few others....................

• dragonness
    17 years ago

My husband and I love Seinfeld! We watch the reruns continuosly anticipating our funniest lines, etc.

As for the snowblower incident, ouch!! I heard about 2 months ago 2 guys were using a wood chipper and a large branch/log got jammed. The one guy decided to give it a push with no results, so he kicked it....yep, it grabbed his leg and pulled him through. The other buddy had no time to hit the stop button and witnessed his friends death. I'd be happy with a finger or two missing, come to think of it!!

Bel