Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

So, what are you MOST 'thankful' for this year?

Janice
17 years ago

There are so many things, for me, but right up there is the new baby on the way via

younger daughter and her hubby! We will know in three weeks whether we are welcoming

a little girl or boy! I'll be happy either way, but they really, really want a boy first time around! :O)

Also, DH and I have celebrated our 38 years of marriage and that after only 3-4 weeks

of actual dating! Whew--is that dangerous or what!!!! Boy, am I "thankful" that didn't turn

out to be a "disaster"!

Oldest daughter and hubby celebrated 13 years married and younger 4 years! The daughters are

10 years apart in age! First time was easy, (only two months of "trying") third took 8 years

to succeed and second was a miscarriage half-way between!

I pray both marriages are as long-lived and content as ours has been! I admit it takes a

100% commitment to "hanging in there", self-less-ness (more focused on the needs of the other)

and daily forgiveness wrapped in kindness, on both parts of the marriage partners

and that is always a learning process! Painful? Sometimes but always worth the end-result!

Few of us are "born that way" or predisposed to such attributes--it's hard work on our "selves/egos"

and that is always "ongoing"--or at least in my personal experience and as shared by many others

I know with similar successful marriages! :O)

So, what do you celebrate and are thankful for most, this year?

janice

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County