Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

Best Cheese Cake Recipes

just1morehosta
15 years ago

Hi all,

Did every one have a good Thanksgiving? We sure did.

I know you are all "stuffed",:0), and proably don't wanna talk food,But, i am looking for a really,really,good cheese cake recipe,maybe some one baked one for Thanksgiving? or will be making one for Christmas?

One with good gooy filling on the bottom?

Ohhhhh, i wish i had one right now.

Carol

Comments (4)

• smorz
    15 years ago

This is a favorite of the family. I found it in Kraft Foods magazine.
    Also, probably more popular is the pumpkin layer cheesecake. Although it isn't a "true" cheesecake... I can get you the recipe for that if you like.

Citrus Cheesecake

1. 1 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
    2. 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    3. 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    4. 4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    5. 1 cup granulated sugar
    6. 2 tablespoons flour
    7. 1 teaspoon vanilla
    8. 4 eggs
    9. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    10. 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
    11. 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    12. 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
    13. 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
    14. 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
      (I always put in a little more juice then it calls for)

2. Cooking Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300 degrees F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs, brown sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
    2. Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients; pour over crust.
    3. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
  • just1morehosta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

smorz,
    Now that sounds yummy,daughter Loves lemon any thing.Thank you
    Carol

• berkleemom
    15 years ago

Carol, I'm a little late to the dance on this one, but in case you ever need a really good, pure cheesecake recipe, I offer one I've been using for years. I got it from a friend at a long-ago job and my entire family loves it. I'm able to make it for my celiac husband by substituting rice flour or gluten free baking mix for the little flour it calls for, and low-fat or fat-free products can be used instead of full-fat ones. I have also tried using Splenda instead of sugar, but it doesn't come out quite sweet enough for me. Here's the recipe:

Grease and flour a spring-form pan and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 deg.

16 oz. ricotta cheese
    3 ea. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1-1/2 c. sugar
    6 eggs
    1/4 c. flour
    1 tsp. vanilla
    16 oz. sour cream

Mix sugar and flour and set aside.

Cream the ricotta and cream cheeses, add flour/sugar mixture. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add sour cream, mixing well.

Bake 1 hour, then turn oven off and let sit in cooling oven for 1 hour. Refrigerate before releasing pan.

Rats, now I'm hungry. Guess I'll go make a cheesecake....

Ronnie

• sunnny
    15 years ago

I'm also a little late for this cheescake party but I LOVE cheesecake and wanted to offer one of my favorites which is a light and fluffy recipe. I also have one that it the more traidtional one but this one disappears when I take it anywhere and can be make easily with Splenda for my hubbie and no one has ever guessed it's sugar free and I've also made the crust with finely chopped pecans and a small amount of sugar and butter pressed into a spring form pan for my dad who has Celiac Disease. Can be made with light cream cheese and sour cream if desired.

It's sort of a made up recipe:
    4 8 oz packages of cream cheese - softened
    1/2 c sour cream
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    1-2 Tbsp lime juice (optional)
    1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda with 1/4 cup sugar
    About 1/3 carton of Cool Whip
    Graham Cracker crust pressed into a spring form pan and baked lightly

Beat cream chesse until soft and light. Add all other ingredients except Cool Whip. Beat well until smooth. Add Cool Whip and mis just until blended and pour into crust. Chill several hours.

This is DELICIOUS either with sugar or with Splenda! And as I said I've made it so many times I can't count and no one knows it's sugar free!
    ENJOY!
    Sunny