Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Mankind's impact on Climate Change!

Janice
14 years ago

I've been looking into this issue for awhile and have found some good links to some

very interesting articles on the subject!

Given the latest revealing news on those who have stood to profit from the fear of some

kinds of 'change', here are some good reads:

Link to NYTimes report in 1932 about melting ice caps

Climate Change Facts.info

Comment about Cause of the Melting Snows on Mt. Kilimanjaro site

Latest news about the whole Global Warm-up Proponents

There's so much more...but, this should keep you *entertained* for awhile!

Comments (4)

• hostasformez4
    14 years ago

I just happened by and saw your links. Much as I would like to take the time to read now I NEED to start thinking about having our immediate family here for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and again extended family ,my side, on the 27.

What to fix is no problem for the 27th., but the other meals are still up for grabs. Turkey and ham are out as we will have them on the 27th.. Everyone brings dishes to pass and I provide meat. The other times I will be doing it all. I'm thinking Italian beef for Christmas Eve and pork loin Christmas Day.

All the cleaning can't be done too early. I'll do the familyroom this week as it doesn't get used much anymore. I did minimal decorating as we leave on January 9 and just put up my trees (4), nativity inside and lighted wreaths out. Looks kind of bare but will have to do. I always decorate the tables and use my better dishes. I have plans for 30 for dinner on the 27th.

I usual wait till the last minute to do things but I can't this year.

Are you having family Janice or going away?

Connie

• Janice
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Connie!!

Sounds like you have the holiday scrambles like me! We stay home, ALWAYS, for Christmas
    and do our family gift giving and dinner on Christmas Eve!We will be having Taco Salad, Broccoli
    Cheese Soup, Chicken wings and all sorts of holiday breads and peppermint bark and some wonderful
    chocolate truffles we get from Sam's Club!

I do decorating, inside BIG TIME! The only thing I didn't do as per usual is the big tree in the family room.
    I've gone to a table top tree, which is still nice but I have trees all over of various sizes, dining room, kitchen,
    eat-in area, bedroom and several in each room and lots of evergreen garland, laden with red balls, plaid bows,
    gold bows, berries, fruit, etc.! I have every window and our fire place mantel draped in the garland with lights!

I also have Dicken's villages and other brand villages all over--every room sporting a community! I've been collecting
    the houses forever, it seems!

Front and center in our bay window is an Italian-made nativity set my mother got for me to use when I was
    Sunday School superintendent for the primary grades at our church when I was 20 yrs. old. So, that tells you
    it's about 40+ yrs. old! It's so beautiful, with the standing upright figures about 10" tall! I have Joseph and Mary
    and baby Jesus in the manger! He doesn't show up, though, till Christmas! He's hidden for the grandchildren to
    try and find! I have a couple of sheep, two shepherds, a bull, donkey, camel, and the wisemen, which have to
    reside across the room since they really didn't show up till Jesus was about 2 yrs. old--so they're making their
    way slowly around the room and an angel and the wooden stable!

So, this year, we are doing a very non-traditional meal, one that requires little work and little clean as per the request
    of the family!!!

Merry Christmas, Connie and all and I hope you get a chance to read the links when things settle down! :o)
    I think you will find them very interesing!

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    13 years ago

Honestly i am not sure if man is making the climate warmer or the sun is.

I do know what happens in a fishtank if you increase the percentage of greenhouse gasses in them. It gets warmer.

So being conservative, loving our troops, and knowing eventually fossil fuels will run out i am all for using tax dollars and environmental regulations to limit our use and pollution.

• carmen_grower_2007
    13 years ago

There is definitely climate change going on as it always does, however the fraud that it is caused by man is just that - a fraud perpetrated to make some lots of money (which has already happened.)

It is pretty obvious to those of us who actually are involved in the scientific field that the change is a cold one, not a warm one.