Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tsbccowboy

Sequence - the card/board game

tsbccowboy
15 years ago

If you haven't played Sequence, it is a fun card/board game. It makes a nice holiday gift and is fun to play at family get-togethers (just thinking of the holidays here).

Any other Sequence players out there?

Cowboy

Comments (9)

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

I've never heard of it. What's it about? McT

• tsbccowboy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

McT,

It is a great game. Basically, the board has the cards listed and on your turn you place a chip on the board representing the card you played. You try and get a sequence of 5 chips in a row (sequence) and you need two sequences to win. It is played with a double deck of cards and each card is on the board twice, except for the jacks, they are wild (two-eyed jack can place a chip anywhere on the board; one-eyed jack can remove an opponents chip). There are some more rules but that is the gist of it. It is real easy to learn the game. Ages eight and up can easily play. Strategy is used but luck may be more important.

I like it best with two teams of two or three players per team. Eight players can be too slow for my taste.

Here is a link to Amazon that has reviews and description: Amazon link to Sequence description.

Check it out, I think you may like it.

Sequence has been a favorite of mine since 1997,
    Cowboy

• hostarox
    15 years ago

Cowboy, I checked out your link. It does look like a fun game nearly the whole family could play. I might see if I can buy one for Christmas Day. The kids always get left out when we break out the euchre deck.
    Thanks!
    Rox

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

Well, too much Christmas decorating and Christmas Shopping? Yesterday I picked up the game for a family present to play over the holidays. When I looked at the descripion Cowboy gave once again, it didn't sound anything like the one I bought??? I checked it and what I bought was Scattergories. So....that's what we'll be playing.

• hostarox
    15 years ago

I just bought Sequence on ebay. It should ship in time for Christmas Day, hopefully! ;-))

• thisismelissa
    13 years ago

Old thread, good topic!

Hubby and I (before we had Mia), used to play lots of board games, this one being one of them!

Now, we play Sequence for Kids!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

I gave it to my son and his fiancee. Discovered it when we had math game night at school last fall. Even second-graders could play the regular version and have fun with it, although they needed some pointers from time to time. Lots of fun!

• jan_on zone 5b
    12 years ago

Sequence is a standard at our cottage -- people of all ages and skill levels can have fun playing -- more luck than skill involved. Dominoes (double 12's) are the other game of choice.
    Jan

• thisismelissa
    12 years ago

Dean and I used to play it often, then Mia came along.
    It'd be fun to play with you and Diana!

BTW: There's Sequence for Kids too!