Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazydogs

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Yippee!

From Drop Box
From Drop Box
{{gwi:191041}}From Drop Box
{{gwi:191043}}From Drop Box
{{gwi:191042}}From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

Comments (10)

• Janice
    14 years ago

Ohhhhh--I LOVE snow!!! And, I love your pix, cyn!! Especially, the doggie poses
    and the cardinal pix!

We finally got a little bit but it's very wet and soppy and on the verge of melting!!
    I sure hope we get lots more!! Growing up in Fla., I've always loved having snow
    in the winters, since all the Christmas cards always showed snow for Christmas!!
    When I was very little, I would think that somehow snow would miraculously just
    show up on Dec. 25th! Guess you know I was disappointed, A LOT, about that
    and in not ever getting the pony I was sure should also show up one year!!

• Janice
    14 years ago

I can't resist posting this! I got it in my email today!

'Let it Snow--Let it Snow!'

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Love that card, Janice! I went to college with someone who grew up in Florida-he had never seen snow. Too funny. I grew up in Pennsylvania, so we had plenty. I still love it. Hoping for a snow day from school tomorrow and maybe Tuesday as well!

DS is driving back to our area today. He was in Denver to visit his best friend and couldn't fly back since the air port is closed. He's in Ohio now. He can't wait to get home to see the snow. He stopped for a snow shovel up there somewhere-his girlfriend is snowed in. She can't even open the storm door. We aren't often this lucky. DH is shoveling a path to the street even though I contracted with someone to clear our drive and sidewalks this year. I doubt he was expected such a large snowfall. Wonder if he will get here. No worries if not, I am snug and cozy inside.

• Janice
    14 years ago

Ahhh, I'm jealous cyn!!! We would still be able to do Christmas, with at least one daughter and her
    crew--they live behind us, across the street. The other daughter lives about 7 mins away--on a good day!
    So, not sure they could come, but Christmas is Christmas anytime we can get together and I'd love snow like
    you're describing even more than the 'day'! I hate saying that because I know for so many more people, it
    would not be a good thing to be snowed in!!! So, I'll take what I can get, and be thankful!!

Are you reading any good books while you're 'snugged in'?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have picked up Tolkien's Lord of the Rings (don't know how to underline when I post-or any of the fancy stuff you and others do here, alas) again. I have read it more than 40 times, but it just seemed like a good read for this weather. It is my favorite book. I also like non-fiction history, but lately have needed more "fun" reading. Trying to live in my "happy place" rather than reality-LOL.

DS traveled down I-70 yesterday. That would have taken him pretty close to you, maybe. Anyway, I thought of you when he called once he was in PA.

Anyway, what books do you like?

• Janice
    14 years ago

You know, I haven't read any of the Tolkien books yet though so many love them. I need to do that!

Right now I'm reading Ted Dekker's Trilogy Black/Red/White! Very different!

I've been reading Joel Rosenberg books, 'The Last Jihad' and now 'The Last Days' and read
    'The Epicenter' on the side along with this series! Very hard to put them down when I start!!

I have a double set of bookcases in our bedroom, absolutely full of so many wonderful books
    and I've probably read only about 15% of them. Everytime I hear of a good book, I buy it usually
    thru Amazon used books or Alibris books! I also do eReader books with my Palm for bedtime!!

Now, if I just had the time to read those books! Sigh!!

• hosta_freak
    14 years ago

Cyn,and Janice. We had only an inch of snow here,and most is now melted,but parts of NC had 24 inches! We never seem to get that kind of snow here. Merry Christmas to you two! Phil

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Merry, merry to you both. Phil, the snow is tons of fun, but after Christmas, I will be ready for it to be gone. All my 2.5' lighted trees by the walk are completely covered! Oh well. Janice, I will need to check out your books!

• Janice
    14 years ago

Heeyyy Phil!!! I'm so sorry you're not getting much snow to enjoy!! Which parts got 24" of snow?
    Was there that much in the Murphy area? Mom and Dad use to have such awesome snow at times, more than
    what we have been getting!! Then there was that blizzard in '93, which was so unbelievable--two weeks without power!
    That's a lot of snow!!

Merry Christmas to you and Diane!!! :o)

• hosta_freak
    14 years ago

Hey,Janice! The 24 inches were over near Robbinsville. Most of the larger snows were north of here,like Asheville,and Hendersonville,where they got 11.8". It depends on where you were,but we all got some snow,and some of it is still in the woods here,because sun never melts it. Hope you and Steve are well! Phil