Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yardmom_gw

Other games

yardmom
15 years ago

Following Cowboy's lead, I would love to hear about other games for families to play. My family has no young children at this point and this past year, the game of choice has been Bananagrams.

I am always looking for new games to play at a group gathering that don't take a long time and are fun for most everyone. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

It looks like my family will be playing Scattergories (see Cowboys post on Sequence). I'm not crazy about games usually but I've always liked Trivial Pursuit, Pictonary and a form of Dictonary that we first played just sitting around the living room with a pencil and piece of paper.

• Janice
    15 years ago

We always LOVE 'Balderdash'!!! We laugh so much with that one!

• hostasformez4
    15 years ago

Dominoes is a fun game and even smaller children can play if you get the game with colors. Tri-Omenoes is harder but fun. Our adult g- children get out the Scrabble game every Christmas eve and we play. Upwords is a game we got quite a few years ago which is fun.

I still have the Trouble game I played with my g-c when they were small. When the time comes I'll pass it on to their children.

Connie

• tsbccowboy
    15 years ago

McT, I am sitting here trying to figure out out you got from Sequence to Scattergories, oh well, I think you will have fun with Scattergories anyway.

Wist and Hearts are two card games I like. I always prided myself in remembering many cards that were played while playing Wist, but when playing with a couple of Uncles they remembered all the cards that were played (quite humbling yet fun to play with them). Another game which is a favorite is Schafskopf or Sheepshead. I play with four guys I used to work with years ago and we play a few times per year. Tried teaching family members the game but haven't had much success in that.

Hoping everybody gets to play some fun games over the holidays and this winter,
    Cowboy

• mctavish6
    15 years ago

I'ts probably old age. I found myself standing in Walmart looking at the games. All I could remember was that it started with and "S" so I ended up with Scattergories. Hopefully it will be fun.

Last year I got the game of "Lost" for my sisters family. We are all great fans of the show. When I was don't there in February we had a family dinner and tried to play the game. Well, it was quite evident that whoever wrote the instructions didn't have English as a first language. Nothing made much sense. My two young neices and their partners persisted and we laughed a lot and played - sort of but it wasn't really what I'd thought.

I always liked Hearts years ago when I played and my husband and I did play bridge for a while with friends when we lied on Saltspring. He is on of those poeple who knows every card and doesn't even sort the cards in his hand. Because other people do, he has an insite into what you have. We also sometimes play poker in the summer down by the pool and bet for M & M's

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022