Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

Test # 4

hostasformez4
17 years ago

Plantengenia in full bloom.

That's it! I have to go eat.

You'll now get to see more old pictures from me . That is if I can do this again without help.

Connie

{{gwi:898493}}

Comments (8)

• micke
    17 years ago

wonderful! at least your doing them on your own, I still have to use moms camera then she e-mails the pics then I transfer them, I want a digital camera so bad! I have a camcorder that is suppose to work like a camera but well, just haven't figured it all out yet.

• hostasformez4
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Micke,

I just got my first digital camera right before that picture was taken.

I hope to one day be able to put names on to pictures of my hostas as well make a graf of them as far as placement goes. That is if I can finaly find the final resting place of each one. I still like to move them around.

I have about a dozen or more hosta that are missing their name tags so I'll be busy having you hosta forum experts telling me what kind they are next spring after the leaves unfurl.

I also have the problem of dividing known hosta and after growing in a different spot with different light they end up looking different too!

I really hate it when someone visits and wants to know what name a certain hosta has and I can't tell them. The only reason I keep tags is to help others if they want to buy that same hosta for themselves.

The ten foot rule is a wonderful idea and I am trying to recognise more hostas every year.

Connie

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

this picture should be added to my post on PIX WITHIN THE TEN FOOT RULE ..... frankly .. when in flower... EVERYONE should know plantaginea ....

do you know how to add pix to an existing post????

ken

• hostasformez4
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ken,

Yes it would go with your 10 foot rule post.

No, I don't know how to do that . You will need to tell me how. I'll make a copy of all your suggestions and work on them. So much to do and so little time!

Connie

• tsbccowboy
    17 years ago

Connie,

I think you know how to post the picture in the 10 foot rule post, you just don't know that you know how to do it.

Just do a reply in the 10 foot rule thread. While doing your reply, just add the picture the same as you did it when posting the picture in this thread.

Cowboy

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    17 years ago

go to photobucket .... copy the tag line ....

then go to my post.. go down the page to the REPLY box ... type in whatever you want us to read .... right click your mouse.. then PASTE the tag line into the post .... when you hit preview.... you should see what you typed.. and the picture.. if you see it.. we will .. if not.. we wont ...

ken

• tsbccowboy
    17 years ago

plantaginea was one of my first Hostas and is one of my favorites. When I first started noticing Hostas, my Mother gave me some gold ones (way cool, couldn't believe there were gold ones) and a Plantain Lily (plantaginea).

Connie - congrats on getting the pictures posted.

Cowboy

• micke
    17 years ago

when people come to my house and ask me what it is I say "hosta" and that is good enough for them. most of the people I know don't know anything about them, I have one friend that is as obsessed as I am and she is the first one to make tracks down to my house when I get new ones, I am big on moving them around as well and she is always right there with shovel in hand (hoping a piece breaks off while in transport) she has epilepsy so she is constantly calling me down to her house so I can I.D one for her (has short term memory loss) this spring I am going to make tags for her and I, our collections are soon going to be too big for me to remember them by looking at them!
    the graph idea is a good one, might do that too!
    michelle