september sun
stained glass
stepping out
striptease
titanic
whirlwind
etc...
I have daylilies ,irises,naked ladies,red spider lilies,cannas ,1500 daylilies
so I have them listed on daves garden under dreamer474,I would love to make some trades this year so if antone wants to trade up please reply thank you
susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: really want hostas!

Be careful where you get your hostas. I bought some at Costco, and my Sum and Substance is infected with the Hosta Virus X. It is an epidemic. Some of the hostas on your list belong are known to have a high percentage of infected plants in the retail trade. These include 'Striptease', 'Sagae', 'Revolution', 'Paul's Glory', 'June' - maybe more. These hostas were infected during propagation, and may not show symptoms for several years. If you get hostas in trade from people, you won't necessarily know they are infected until they show symptoms. Plants from established clumps should be safe, as long as the grower has had the plant for more than 10 years or so, or they bought their plants from a source known to be disease-free. To be safe, any plants you get in trade should be quarantined. Don't plant your hostas in groupings, and whenever you cut a leaf or flower scape off of one hosta, clean your pruners before pruning another plant. Any cut or tissue damage can spread the virus through the plant's sap - lawnmowers blades, stepping on the plant (some people propagate their hostas by stepping on the crowns as soon as they start to leaf out in the spring). If you decide to buy Hostas, make sure you get them from a certified disease-free nursery. I had posted last year that I had hostas to trade, but since finding the infected Sum and Substance, I can't in good conscience offer them anymore. Thankfully, I got so busy with work that I never got around to trading any, so I know I haven't spread the virus. I've posted a link to a website with information on the virus. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta virus X

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here