Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: iron clad hosta

Posted by docgoose 5 NY (stepaway7@gmail.com) on
Thu, Mar 11, 10 at 20:45

I have bunches of hostas I am willing to divide and exchange for those who want them.
I am not exactly sure of their names but I was told when they were planted that they are "iron clad" that is extremely resistant to bugs and other problems. From what I have seen they have lived up to this.
The rest of this post is the standard post I have been saying on this site:
I have a Purple Wisteria and would be willing to trade it for just about anything.
The whole mailing procedure sounds a bit complicated so it would be nice if I could find people close in NY (I live in Yonkers). I would be willing to do all the transplanting.
I would also like to practically give away my grape vines (red flame air layered and ready to go!) and strawberry plants. I probably should get rid of all my forsythia and hosta in the side corner of my house but I dont see why anyone would want any of that. I also have some red trumpet vine its just too big for the places its in now and would like to be rid of it.

The plants I am interested in are but not just limited to:
Creeping Phlox, Magnolia Niger, rhubarb, blueberry, any clematis, any dogwood, any azalea, any smallish flowering perennial.
I certainly would trade all of the plants I listed if I could find a PERSIMMON!
Email me at: Stepaway7@gmail.com
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: iron clad hosta

Check out this website to see if your host "iron clad" is one of the ones listed. www.hostalibrary.com. I am a hosta collector and will take about any hosta known or unknown. I have looked on the website and check my reference book, The Hostapedia, and cannot find it listed. I have lots of native NC dogwood seedlings and would be willing to do a trade. I will try to have it identified by some of my buddies in the hosta industry. Look forward to trading. My trade list is under my GW name jmclaurin.

o
RE: HAVE: iron clad hosta

Sent you an e-mail

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here