Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 10:25

Details coming soon...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2008 Hosta Secret Swap

I want to play!

o

Thanks for the update! When you begin sign-ups, please post a link to the main Discussion forum too. Not everyone checks the Exchange forum on a regular basis.

Thanks again for organizing!

Alexa

o

The ground is unfrozen here, I'm in!! (although it's supposed to be 34 and possible snow tonight)

o

I'm In Daisy Me!!
Good to see you posting and hosting for the Secret Hosta Swap again.I was worried I would miss you and miss out on sign ups.
I love doing the swap.It's so much fun and full of surprises.I love reading all the happy replies from everyone after they receive their Hostas.
It's a GOOD THING!!
Margie((Granny57x))

o

I want in! I have quite a few to unload this year! Yahoo!!

o

I'm in, Daisy darlin'!

Sally

o

I am in also, but need more time because of the long Iowa winter.Hosta's are finially making there apperance.Brenda

o

You Can Put Me Down Again...as In.
and Will be Waiting for Your Sign-Up Post.

ZZ.

o

Im interested, please keep me in the loop for details. I have never participated yet. Thanks

o

I'd love to play again this year too! I'll watch for details! Thanks! Teresa

o

I'll do the swap too.

o

Me too, me too~~~~what do I have to do?

o

email daisy me with your mailing info...

and gw name...

jill

o

If you have posted here and your name is not on the list on the FOLLOW UP thread, please send me an e-mail as soon as possible!

o

Can someone whose done the secret swap before tell me if you gave other things or flowers along with the named hosta? If you did please share your info.

Also, how to package a hosta for shipping, so the box isn't WET.

I'm excited and can hardly wait to see what hosta I get.
I updated my list too!! :)

thanks all

o

Yes, all garden related items have been sent and are welcome--people send companion plants, garden ornaments and decorations, garden tools, etc.

I think there may be detailed directions somewhere on the discussions board....but I'm not 100% positive of that. What I usually do is take the division I'm wanting to mail, wrap the roots only in a wet papertowel or two, wrap just the wet papertowels/roots with Press-n-Seal or Saran Wrap, and tape around the top at the base of the leaves (not too tight) to keep it all together. As long as the papertowels are wrung out it usually doesn't leak.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here