Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_me

2010 Hosta Secret Swap

daisy_me
13 years ago

It's that time of year again....time for the 2010 Hosta Secret Swap!

The swap is open to all U.S. GardenWeb members (there has not been enough interest in the past couple of years for a Canadian swap).

Well, here you go....

------------------------------------------

2010 Hosta Secret Swap Sign Up

If you are interested in participating in the 2010 Hosta Secret Swap you must sign up by 6/5/10. You must e-mail me with your info by midnight on the cut off date to be part of the Hosta Secret Swap. You will receive the name of the person you will be sending to by 6/7/10, giving you plenty of time to dig/divide or shop. As a reminder, its helpful if you update your exchange page so your sender knows what you have/what youÂd like.

1. The hosta secret swap is for at least ONE NAMED hosta. You are allowed to send more if you choose but you must send at least one healthy, disease free, named variety of hosta, at least one eye with sufficient roots. There has been much discussion on HVX and foliar nematodes on hosta forums. If you are suspicious of any hostas you have, please do not share those with fellow gardeners. Please only send a hosta or hostas that you would be happy to receive and plant in your garden. And of course, companion plants, garden ornaments, and garden tools are always welcome as well.

2. All secret trades must be mailed by USPS Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number, Fedex, or UPS. Once your package is mailed please e-mail me with your DC number or tracking number. This will be used to track the package if there is any problem with delivery.

3. All packages must be mailed out by 6/19/10. If there is an unforeseen problem getting your package out on time, please e-mail me so I can contact your secret trader. Please do not make me track you down--it only takes a minute to shoot me an e-mail. This is a "secret" trade so no one knows who is mailing to anyone else until the package is received!

4. Last, but very important, you must officially sign up to be part of this. Put "GardenWeb Hosta Secret Swap" in the subject line of your e-mail to me with this information:

Your first and last name

Your mailing address

Your user name on GardenWeb

I will e-mail you with confirmation that you are part of the Hosta Secret Swap. I will also follow up with the list of screen names of participants two days before the cutoff date for sign up. If your name isn't on the final list and you already signed up be sure to contact me immediately or you may not be a part of the Hosta Secret Swap.

I will post info on this forum about the secret swap. Please check the "Exchanges" part of the Hosta Forum frequently for updates and please only post on the "Exchanges" forum about the hosta swap. We are not allowed to post about this on the Discussions area of the Hosta Forum.

One last important note, this is always a lot of fun and we can avoid disappointment by making sure that those who sign up for the secret swap are committed to following through and mailing out their packages on time.

Let's get to swapping! :-)

Comments (21)

• caliloo
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm ready!

Alexa

• mjjones453
    13 years ago

count me in! Mary

• woodthrush
    13 years ago

Are we signing up again? I'm in but I signed on other post, so don't count me twice - lol
    Pam

• mjjones453
    13 years ago

This is the official sign-up. You will need to send daisy your info. Click on her name and email her with your name address, and your user name.

• zztopsoil
    13 years ago

Signing Up to Participate.

ZZ.

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey everyone! We've already got 15 people on the list for the swap this year. Keep those e-mails coming!

• firefightergardener
    13 years ago

Signed up and new to this, but it will be fun and I'll hopefully come back for years to come!

-Will

• granny57x
    13 years ago

HI everybody,
    I'm so glad I didn't miss the sign up date.Don't know about anyone else but I like the extended date time because of all the holiday family traffic and the busy gardening time.Thank you Daisy me for keeping this swap going!!!
    Looking forward to trading this year and spreading the word to friends and reading all the posts from everyone.I believe this is my 3rd time with this swap.I missed out last year because of computer meltdown,But I'm up and at'em and ready to go.
    Margie((Granny57))

• maidoshade
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone!
    Ready to do the swap again this year!
    Cheryl

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi -

Sounds like fun. Please count me in! Thanks.

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We're up to 23 people in the swap now! Remember, you have until 6/5 to send me an e-mail with your information to get yourself on the list. :-)

Suegardens2 - I did not receive an e-mail from you. Please don't forget to send it if you would like to participate.

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Reminder! You have until Saturday June 5th to sign up for this swap! :-)

• becky_ia
    13 years ago

"I will also follow up with the list of screen names of participants two days before the cutoff date for sign up. If your name isn't on the final list and you already signed up be sure to contact me immediately or you may not be a part of the Hosta Secret Swap."

Received confirmation ...but don't recall getting any email with the above info... don't want to miss the swap!

becky

• angel2008
    13 years ago

Count me in if I can still join. Looks like I just made this in time!

• michiana
    13 years ago

Please count me in! Thanks for taking this on again this year.

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Becky - got a little behind due to work, the list is below...

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And the list of participants...

Indymom
    Hostaformez4
    slp0100
    NewHostaAddict
    alyciaadamo
    Caliloo
    CatBirdSue
    hostapumpkinman
    Becky_ia
    treemon
    ronnie208
    mjjones453
    Mao_tse_mom
    Woodthrush
    Twin_too
    Granny57
    franknjim
    zztopsoil
    Steph98
    firefightergardener
    indyrose
    maidoshade
    suegardens2
    joan_h
    angel2008
    michiana

If you don't see your name on this list, I didn't get your e-mail. Send it again by 6/7 at 5pm CST as I will be sending out the e-mails with your swappers name after work that evening. :-)

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

Daisy me,
    I'm afraid I am giving you my info too late!
    I have been very busy lately and just missed this evenings cut off date. BUT if it isn't too late or you need another person here's my info:
    Linda Seals
    7643 Marietta Rd.S.E.
    New Lexington, Ohio, 43764
    hostalavista
    If you have everything already taken care of, please don't feel you have to change anything to accomedate me!
    Thank you , Linda

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Linda--

I need your e-mail address to send you your swappers name--shoot me an e-mail as soon as possible! :-)

• daisy_me
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Moving to a new thread..."2010 Hosta Secret Swap Follow-Up"...post any new info. there...

• indyrose
    13 years ago

I got my hosta today -- Sweet Home Chicago -- one that was near the top of my "want" list.

Thank you suegardens2 for finding one I really wanted!!

Indyrose

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH