Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catbirdsue

WANTED: Hosta Swap

catbirdsue
13 years ago

Anyone interested in a secret swap? I was thinking at least 3 named hosta. Let me know if you are interested?

Cathy

Comments (66)

• zekesmom
    13 years ago

If this swap is still open to sign up, I'd like to join. I've done several trades & a few secret swaps, but it's been a while. Just let me know - THANKS!

• stardust
    13 years ago

Is this swap closed? I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm interested in this. If this one is closed perhaps we should start another. :)

Stardust

• caliloo
    13 years ago

Is this different from the swap thread on the DISCUSSIONS side?

Alexa

• hostahaveum
    13 years ago

Ditto what Alexa said.

• dirtdiva
    13 years ago

I am dropping out. Have a great swap.

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

catbirdsue, you can count me in!

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, every one who is interested please send me your name address,and GW name with Gw hosta swap in the subject line and we will get this underway!!!

Cathy

• lynnda
    13 years ago

Why oh why did I check out the garden web? My garden is full and I have no room, but yet, I would like to do another hosta secret swap!! Please add me to the list! It was so much fun the last couple years I have to do it again!!

• grannyfifty7
    13 years ago

Am I too late to get signed up?I just found out about this swap and I love doing them so much.I hope I can still get in on the game.
    Granny

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have only gotten a few address so far. Please send me your info, Name address and GW name if you want to play I am only keeping this open till Sun. Then Mon or tues I will send out names. Thankyou

Cathy

• newhostaaddict
    13 years ago

cathy
    maybe you could post a list of who is for sure in??
    then we will know if you received our info or not..
    thanks,,jill

• angel2008
    13 years ago

Count me in if it is still open. Sending my email to you now.
    Corinne

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

Hey Catbird,
    Am I too late? Like you and everyone else I have been busy. But if I still can be included, here's the info:
    Linda Seals
    7643 Marietta Rd. S.E.
    New Lexington, Ohio 43764
    hostalavista

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sure I will get out a list of who's in and post. As I want to get the names out ASAP. Thanks.

Swap is closed to new participants. Get ready for your trade name and address.

Cathy

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So far I have info for :

lynneM
    grannyfifty7
    angel12008
    NewHostaAddict
    twin_too
    hostalavista
    catbirdsue

Do you mind if I give it till Sat for addys and the send out name Sun so we can get everyones info in?

Cathy

• newhostaaddict
    13 years ago

i don't mind
    jill

• twin_too
    13 years ago

That's fine with me too.

• angel2008
    13 years ago

good with me too.

• franknjim
    13 years ago

Count me in. Sending you my info. Is this swap being done with Have Lists so we don't send varieties the person already has?

• woodthrush
    13 years ago

lol - hey Frank, want me for a swap partner again??

• franknjim
    13 years ago

HMMMMMM...NAH! You are just too funny!

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Frank glad you could join us! I have everyones name and addy so I will be letting my daughter match names and get them out. So get ready. If you guys want to post lists please go ahead.

Cathy

• franknjim
    13 years ago

Whoever gets Pam (woodthrush), if you need help in deciding what to send her, contact me and I will help you out so that you don't go crazy or blind when you look through her have list!

My lists here on GW are up to date and I also have them posted at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: My have and want lists

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What a wonderful gesture Frank! Well everyone all names are out.Let me know if you did not get yours. So let the game begin!! Oh yeah please mail before 6-28-10.

Cathy

• woodthrush
    13 years ago

lol - Now, Cathy knows I don't have a lot of hostas.
    Pam

• grannyfifty7
    13 years ago

WOW!!!
    I just received my package today while I was out.
    I couldn't hardly wait to open it up.Boy Did I have to work for that!!:)
    My secret Hosta Person is New Hosta Addict,And she sent me ;
    Invincible
    Mc Fly
    Eola Salad Bowl
    Purple Dwarf
    Bold Ribbons
    Serendipity
    And the most Adorable Plant Decoration.It put the biggest smile on my face.
    What a nice collection of Hostas. I haven't heard of some of these named Hostas,So you know I don't have them,They will be a nice addition to my Hosta Beds.Thank You Very Much. You are So Generous!
    Margie

• grannyfifty7
    13 years ago

BTW,
    My package is going out on Tuesday.
    Margie

• angel2008
    13 years ago

My package will be heading out on Wednesday.

• grannyfifty7
    13 years ago

Mao-Tse- Mom
    How can I send a email to you?
    When I try it says your not set up to receive.
    I met you and your husband at the swap in Hilliard last year and we talked about a few things.Can you get back to me?My user name was granny57 till my computer crashed and I've had a few different ways of using granny57, granny57x
    and now grannyfifty7.Any way I'd love to chat with you about a few things.
    Margie

• maozamom NE Ohio
    13 years ago

my e-mail address is right next to my name.

• angel2008
    13 years ago

You all have heard of Christmas in July?? Well, I just had Christmas in JUNE..Thank you so much Cathy,(Catbirdsue) for all the wonderful plants you sent, and the beautiful hosta card. I couldnt believe it, I will definitely be busy planting for awhile. Here is what I received:
    Hyacinthina
    Bob Olson
    Undulta Univitatta
    White Bikini
    Abiqua Drinking Gourd
    Maraschino Cherry
    Abby
    Quilting Bee,
    Then she also included, these plants:
    pink pom pom
    white pulminara
    pink/blue pulminara
    wild geranium
    Candy lily
    Coleus
    and a begonia plant..
    now you know why I said it was litle Christmas. This has been so much fun! Thank you Cathy for doing this exchange.
    Corinne

• lynnem
    13 years ago

Well, I posted my trade on the wrong post! My trade went out yesterday....but I forgot to put a card in the box... I'll email my trader in a few days..

• newhostaaddict
    13 years ago

lol lynn

i know...all these trades are spinning around in my head,,,trying to keep them straight

i am waiting for 2 boxes to arrive yet

jill

• newhostaaddict
    13 years ago

LOL, Lynne,,,it was me your box was headed for

Arrived safe and sound here today...looking VERY well

My box included 4 new to my garden and 3 on my wish list

Ginsu Knife (this one is going to be one of my top 100, LOL)
    Lucy Vitols (a little beauty, will shine as well)
    Neat & Tidy (looks like a big un)
    Tea & Crumpets (a little cutie)

they are all getting a good soak,,,then into the ground they go

thanks lynnem for the fantabulous box

and thank you catbirdsue for making the arrangements

jill

• lynnem
    13 years ago

Jill, I'm glad you got them... Had to bend Neat and Tidy to get it in the box, I was hoping it didn't break... And I know the roots weren't huge on Tea and Crumpets.. but I think with plenty of water, it will thrive... I'd probably pot that one up first ...

And again, sorry for the slug holes... I really have to start earlier next year on the slug control..

We traded several years ago! I saw my name on some of your hosta.. my, how your list has grown since then... I was trying to get some to you that you didn't have...

• franknjim
    13 years ago

Catbirdsue,
    Please contact me at jimnfrank@comcast.net . I have had some problems with my laptop screen going out on me and I cannot get to my normal email. I need my partners name and address resent to the above email address. I had emailed you a couple of days ago but haven't heard back.

Thank you.

I would like to thank Lelan(ZZTopsoil) for a wonderful box stuffed full of hostas.

I received:
    Deane's Dream
    Invincible
    Jimmy Crack Corn
    Toy Soldier
    Patriot's Fire
    Queen Josephine
    Sherborne Swan
    Stained Glass

You really made my day brighter. I haven't been able to plant any yet but I did manage to get them all into pots.

I had my back go out on me last week in addition to the laptop going out on me so I am a little behind on my end. I figured out how to use my Playstation3 to get online now but cannot access any of my old emails that were downloaded into the laptop that died.

• woodthrush
    13 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Margie, Grannyfifty.
    She sent
    Pineapple Sage
    African Blue Basil - smells wonderful
    Castor Bean
    Cupea Batface - always wanted to try one of these
    A beautiful coleus
    and 4 hosta
    Hillbilly Blues
    Carolina Sunshine
    Splash - I can't find this in the hosta library. Do you know more about it?
    And Yellow Splash - this one, I would love to see a picture of a more mature plant. It is totally different from
    Yellow Splash in the hosta library. Is there a dark green edge to your plant. I love the ruffled edge.
    Thanks so much for the lovely choices.
    Pam

• maozamom NE Ohio
    13 years ago

I received my hosta from Angel2008. She sent Hyaeinthina, Clausa, and multiple Patriots. She's a garden newbie but you wouldn't have know it by her packing. The plants arrived alive, healthy and fresh as when she sent them.

mao

• angel2008
    13 years ago

Thanks Mao, glad to hear they arrived in good shape. We had some really hot weather in WI. Just bought 4 new varieties today, so I will be in much better shape for trading next time around..:)

• zztopsoil
    13 years ago

What a Wonderful Day it is Now...Thanks to Pam!
    I Received My Secret Hosta Box Today.
    It Arrived from Pam aka: twin_too.

Pam Sent Me the Following Hostas:

Fire Island.
    June.
    Platinum Tiara.
    Thunderbolt.
    and...
    Whirlwind.

WOW...What a Wonderful Box it Was!

I Truly Appreciate All of these 'NEW BEAUTIES' that Will Now be in My Gardens.
    Everything Arrived in Perfect Condition.
    They are Getting a Long Deserved Drink Before I Pot them Up.
    I Can Not Thank You Enough Pam.
    You've Made Your New Hosta Friend in Oregon Very Happy!

Lelan.

And...Big "Thank You's" to Cathy(catbirdsue) for Hosting this Swap!

• twin_too
    13 years ago

Lelan, I am so happy you are pleased with your hostas! I tried to send ones you didn't already have.

I just noticed that I posted what I received in the other hosta swap thread, so I want to again give a HUGE THANK YOU to woodthrush! She sent me 4 hostas and one heuchera that were all new to me. She must know my likes, because they are all PERFECT. I received hostas; First Mate, Teaspoon, Twilight Time, and Queen of the Seas. And, I got heuchera Dark Secret. They are all wonderful, thank you, thank you, thank you!

• woodthrush
    13 years ago

Twin Too
    Glad they arrived safely and you liked everything.
    And thanks to Catbirdsue for arranging another swap.
    Pam

• catbirdsue
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I recieved a wonderful box of hostas from Frank. They are just gorgeous!!

Midas Touch
    Golden Sceptor
    little patriot
    Dragon tails
    venusta

Thanks so very much.

I also want to thank everyone for making this such a lovely swap.

Cathy

• lynnem
    13 years ago

Still waiting...

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

I want to thank Mao for my great package of HOSTAS!
    You are so generous.
    We have traded before at the Garden Swap.
    Your hostas look beautiful, missed you at the Swap.
    Thank you again, hostalavista

• lynnem
    13 years ago

Got my hostas today!!! yayyyy..

I've got to get to job 2, so I'll post my bounty tomorrow!

• lynnem
    13 years ago

I received: Heart and Soul, Bob Olson, Allegan Fog, Abby, Old glory, and Hillbilly Blues! My trader was Hostalavista, and I just have to share the note she put in the box:

" I have put my Heart and Soul into this trade. Bob Olsen said he was in an Allegan Fog and he jusy met Abby, the other day while looking at Old Glory. I am so sorry this is late, I have the Hillbilly Blues!"

Too cute! Linda, the hosta arrived in great shape, Bob Olsen, Heart and Soul and Old Glory are all new to my garden, and I want to thank you for a great trade!!

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

Lynne,
    So glad you finally got your hostas,
    I am such a procraste-nator!
    AND I hope I don't get BARRED from future trades!
    I'm so glad you got 3 new to your garden! I love the trades but don't really know what my problem was this time, I'm happy you liked them.
    Was hoping the poem would help me out on saying how sorry I was for sending sooo late!
    Hostalavista Linda

• lynnem
    13 years ago

Linda, no need to apologize, I'm the one who should apologize for being impatient! So, I'm sorry too! All of my new babies are potted up until I get my new hosta garden ready. There's a burn pile in the middle of it, tried to burn this weekend, and it was still too green... hopefully by September!

• hostalavista
    13 years ago

Lynn,
    you had every right to wonder where your hosta's were but I'm so glad I finally got in the groove! lol...Here's hoping they grow good for you. Hostalavista Babee, Linda

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH