Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Lakeside KnickKnack

Posted by homer_zn5 z5 IN (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 10, 06 at 8:29

Hey, everyone! I went out tonight to divide out the reversions on my Lakeside KnickKnack, and came back with a few divisions. This is from a very small 1-eye division that I received in a trade 3 years ago, and comes straight from the Lakeside Gardens (read, OS--one of the few of those I have). Regardless, the piece I received was so tiny that I nearly lost it, but this plant turned out to be quite the vigorous grower. I've let it get up to size since then, and this is the first time I have pinched or divided any of it. At one time, I was told that the entire plant had reverted, and that I need to just give up hope . . . but it turns out this plant had other plans.

I saved back the largest streaked division for myself (come on, you didn't really expect me to offer up the largest piece for trade, now did you?), but I did accidentally nick off a small 1-eye division that has very few roots (I'll be nursing it along this year, and we'll see how it looks next year), and a multiple-eyed division that appears to have 2 streaked eyes in the bunch.

So, I'm offering up the multiple eyes with 2 apparently streaky eyes here for trade. Here's a pic of the division, and a close-up of some of the streaked leaves:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's a pic of the piece I am keeping, and what I would expect that the division will throw again in the future:

Two years ago, the piece I had did not even approach looking as good as the one I am offering up for trade, and it had far fewer streaks in any leaves. I won't pinch off the green, as I'll leave that up to the recipient to decide how they want this done.

I am open to all offers, but would appreciate only offers of similarly valued plants of similar size and quality.

The top plants I am looking for in this trade would be:

Galaxy
Warwick Comet
Glad Rags
Brother Stephan
Little Hobber
Cathedral Windows
Queen of the Seas
Journeys End

and my preference would be pretty much in that order--although I will consider other trades.

I also have interest in some other unusual plants, such as Cephalotus follicularis, Cypripedium kentuckiense, reganii, parviflorum, etc (just not aculae . . . already have it), in the off chance that you may have some of those plants.

Yes, I know this is a rambling post for a mere trade, but this is my baby, and I've had several offers made in the past . . . all of which I have refused in order to make sure this plant was able to make it to a size where I felt comfortable dividing and trading.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Plant Spoken For

The plant has been spoken for . . . Thanks for looking.

o
RE: HAVE: Lakeside KnickKnack

If you come up with anothr I shure would be interested.

Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here