Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: 2011 Secret Swap Follow-Up

Posted by Gesila 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 12:00

My package was shipped yesterday. This was our first time dividing and shipping hostas. My DH is already talking about next year's secret swap and setting a table up to make the dividing easier.

My package arrived this morning! Am I the lucky one who was the first to receive? Hope this is the right way to post. I'm a newbie!

My package came today from GRDNNKD. What perfect timing as we had a yard of topsoil delivered last night and we have the afternoon away from the ice cream store to plant them!

It's like Christmas in July! My DH and I haven't exchanged gifts in the past few years since all our funds have gone into remodeling our duplex (well, and now hostas), so this was extra special for us! I think he was just as excited as I was!

Here's what we got:

Lakeside Coal Miner - I've been looking for this one all summer!
Stiletto - I'm going to call this my "pay it forward" hosta as my secret swap partner received it in his first trade! One day, I'll be dividing it and sending it off to someone else!
Venusta - a dwarf green. My daughter is going to make a special pot for this one and put it's Japanese name on it in Kanji (she's a second year Japanese language major).
Lakeside KnickKnack seedling - I love it - ruffled edges and creamy margins!

Thanks again GRNNKD, they arrived in perfect condition!

Gesila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: 2011 Secret Swap Follow-Up

I received my secret hostas last Friday -- Sum and Substance and Mojito! Both are nice, large hostas, like I wanted!

Thank you, Micyrey!

Indyrose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here