Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zztopsoil

WANTED: Sign-Up Now - 2012 'Mid-Summer Hosta Swap'.

zztopsoil
11 years ago

2012 - 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap'!

The 2012 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap' is Open to...

All 'GardenWeb Subscribing' Members Residing with an Address in the United States...or Canada.

Canadian Subscribing Members are Welcome as Well.

(Just as Long as...

I Get at Least Two(2) Canadian Subscribing Members to Sign-Up for Match-Ups.

2012 'Mid\-Summer Secret Hosta Swap' Rules

If You Wish to Participate in the 2012 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap'...

You Need to Sign-Up by Sunday, August 5th, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

(Just Before the Stroke of Midnight)

To Participate You Also Must Send Me a Private E-Mail With All Your Information as Listed Below...Before the Closing Date/Time.

I Will be E-Mailing the Name of Your 'Secret Hosta Swap' Participants Name that You Will be Sending Your Hosta Selection(s) to on...Tuesday, August 7th, 2012.

This 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap' is for Sending...

...at Least One(1) Named Hosta Plant.

(You are Allowed to Send More than One Hosta Variety if you Choose but...You Must Send at Least One(1) Healthy, Disease Free, Named Variety of Hosta, with at Least One(1) Eye and Sufficient Roots for Growing and Planting).

There has been Much Discussion Here and Other Forum Sites on HVX and Foliar Nematodes. If You are Suspicious of Any Hostas You Have...Please Do Not Share those in Question with Your Fellow Hosta Friends. Please Only Send a Hosta(s) that You Would be Happy to Receive and Plant in Your Garden.

All 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap' Packages Must be Mailed/Sent out by Monday, August 20th, 2012.

If there is Any Problems Getting Your Package Shipped Out on Time...

Please E-Mail Me so I can Contact Your Secret Hosta Swap Mail Recipient/Partner.

This 'Secret Hosta Swap' is Set-Up so that No One Knows Who is Mailing to Who...and...All Names are Drawn at Random for Sending to.

All Secret Hosta Swap Packages Must be Mailed by USPS Priority Mail, FedEx, or UPS with a Delivery Confirmation(DC) or Tracking Number from Your Shipper.

Once You Have Shipped Your Package...Please E-Mail Me with Your Delivery Confirmation or Tracking Number.

This Will be Used to Track the Package if there is Any Problems with the Delivery.

Please Remember to Send Me that E-Mail with Your Information for Mailing...So You May Participate in this 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap'.

Make Your E-Mail Subject Line...'Secret Hosta Swap' and Include the Following Information:

Your Full Name (First and Last).

Your Full Mailing Address (Including Zip Code)

Your GardenWeb 'Screen Name/User's Name'.

Your Personal E-Mail Address.

I Will E-Mail You with a 'Confirmation E-Mail' that You are a Participant of the 2012 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap'.

I Will also be Posting Periodically Below the List of Participants Who Have Signed-Up and Sent Their Mailing and E-Mail Information.

If Your Name Does Not Show Up on the List...Please E-Mail Me as Soon as Possible to Get this Corrected.

A Very Important Sideline Note...

Hosta Secret Swaps are Always a lot of Fun and We Can Avoid Disappointment by Making Sure that those who Sign-Up for this Secret Hosta Swap are Committed to Following through and Mailing Out their Packages on Time.

Please...Do Not Sign-Up if You Can Not Complete Your Obligation.

NOW...Everyone...

Post or Link Your 'Have Lists' of Hosta(s) that You Have Currently in Your Garden on Your 'Have List' on Your Trading Page...When You Post to Participate.

'Wish Lists' May be Added to Your 'Want List' on Your 'Exchange Page' There Also.

(This Does Not Mean that Your Trader Has to Send You a Hosta(s) from Your 'Wish List'. It is Just a Guideline so People Will Know what Hosta(s) You Have Currently in Your Garden and what Hosta(s) or Types of Hosta(s) You May be Looking for.

Any Hosta(s) that are Sent...are Totally Up to the Individual Participant Who is Sending.

This 'Mid-Summer Secret Hosta Swap' is as All 'Secret Swaps' are...For Fun!

So Let's All Have a Good Time!

If You Have Any Questions or Concerns...Just E-Mail Me.

Lelan.

Following are Links from Various Sources:

(These are All Full of a Wonderful Source and a Wealth of Information)

Simple Instructions for Dividing Hosta.

http://hostalibrary.org/misc/div/

Simple Instructions for Shipping Hosta:

http://hostalibrary.org/misc/ship/index.html

Hosta Virus X - (HVX )

http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/HVX.htm

Another Very Good Source with Visuals for:

Digging-Dividing and Shipping Hosta.

http://www.pbase.com/weed30/dividing_and_shipping_hostas