Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Desperately Seeking this Hosta

Posted by juspeachy z5NY (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 31, 05 at 13:40

Hi,

I NEED this Hosta,(it is for a gift) if you have it for trade or know where I can get it. PLEASE contact me.I cannot find it for sale anywhere.
I do have items for trade that are not on my list.

HOSTA- "BRIAN'S ANGEL"

Please!

thank you

Jo/juspeachy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Desperately Seeking this Hosta

Hmmm... not listed in the 2005 Hosta Finder. I have no idea. Sorry.

o

The Hosta Library photo is by Luc Klinkhamer. He's in Europe, but at least you could write him and try to find out if he knows anyone in the States who has some.

This is his home page. (Not the same as the link above).

I know why you want it and I wish you the best of luck. There are daylilies called 'Our Boy Brian' and 'Brian's Birthday.' Put Brian in the cultivar blank below and nothing in any other blank, and you'll get a two-page list.

Here is a link that might be useful: Search BRIAN in Cultivar Blank Here

o
Desperately Seeking this Hosta

I have seen "Brian's Angel" hosta advertised but is no longer
available. Do you know of any place I can find some?

o

Or you could always take an unnamed seedling or sport that appeals to you and name it yourself. There are thousands of hostas registered, not all available in commerce. I understand the emotional connection to wanting to honor a loved one, but you may end up with a plant that is physically indistinguishable from many others.

Make the plant and the memory as unique as the individual that you are honoring. Plus, you never need to register it, just know that a particular plant carries that meaning for you and your family and you can give it any name you want.

JMO
Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here