Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hornbaker Gardens

Posted by franknjim 5 Peoria IL (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 7:00

The photos that I took when I went up to their open house on 6-10-11.
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Minis
Minis
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
Hornbaker Gardens
American Icon
American Icon
American Sweetheart
American Sweetheart
Band of Gold
Band of Gold
Brim Cup
Brim Cup
Guacamole
Guacamole
A reverted Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel reverted
Golden Tea Cup
Golden Tea Cup
Grand Marquee
Grand Marquee
Liberty
Liberty
Liberty
Liberty
Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe
Ooh La La
Ooh La La
Paradigm
Paradigm
Rainbows End
Rainbows End
Rainforest Sunrise
Rainforest Sunrise

Next two photos are from their website.
This is their hosta sale area. It is paradise!
Hosta Area
This is where their hosta sleep in the winter.
Hosta Hoop House
June 10th is their next open house. It seems like forever until it gets here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hornbaker Gardens

I love Hornbakers, Usually go the first weekend in May, But have been there for the open house. I can spend all day there! Can't wait.

o

Thanks for posting these here, Frank. What a fabulous garden.

Steve

o

Wow oh wow oh wow! Yes, that is just what I have in mind for MY yard! Chances of achieving it? Pretty slim. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I would love to be able to go there someday, but it is more than a day trip, alas.

o

Jim, in the third picture, all those BLACK hosta... what are they? Very lovely gardens entirely, with those black plants near the entrance, gets your attention right away.

o
REE: Hornbaker Gardens

I'm Frank. That is Big Daddy. You can see it on the right side behind the stump in the fourth picture as well. I am not sure of the one on the left. I couldn't see the plant marker for it in any of the pics. It is probably Big Mama.

Those two big blues are actually behind their mini beds up next to the check out building. Liberty is to the right of the mini bed at the back corner of that building. Why they would put it back there away from the main beds in the gulley is beyond me. They even planted Band of Gold right next to Liberty which I think is a bit silly since they look similar in variegation.

o

Beautiful gardens,Frank! Looks like they must have a crew that spends every day pulling weeds,because I don't see a one! I could do that here,if I had unlimited funds and a younger person than myself to do it! Lol! Phil in NC

o

Beautiful gardens, beautiful Hostas, beautiful photos!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here