Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Six months ago 6-16-08

Posted by mctavish6 4/5 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 16, 08 at 11:22

Now you got me going! It is really fun to see where we were six months ago.

It took all day yesterday to get our water unfrozen. It was -8 f. (-23 c) which is REALLY cold. This f. vs c. really bugs me trying to go back and forth. In the summer I think in terms of f. and in the winter the c. measurement makes more sense. Anyway, I did get outside to take the dog for a walk in the afternoon when the sun was out. Here are some pic's from the 16th.

A Rose I think is Henry Hudson:

Photobucket

Before the Wall was painted. The hostas are Antioch, Great Expectations and Honeybells. Great Expectations is in a "castle" I built to raise him up against and over the wall. I'm hoping this will please him and he will appreciate it and grow for me.

Photobucket

This small Lawn area is going to get even smaller. I'm going to come out a foot or so from all sides in order to have another row of small or upright hostas planted.

Photobucket

A dreamed of project for next year is to link the balcony (you can see the corner railing) with the lawn at the corner(behind Sunower in the previous picture). The roof in this picture is a wood shed accessed from the ground level basement. It would be nice to have this be a continuation of the west side balcony in the trees.

Photobucket

A bit of Fire and Ice, Queen Josephine, Winfield Blue, Frances Williams & Eye Declare

Photobucket

Shrub rose Hansa

Photobucket

Niagara Falls, Shade Fanfare and Cool Hand Luke

Photobucket

On the sunny side of the driveway. That hosta is feather Boa.

Photobucket

Love this color combo of Oriental Poppies and Siberian Iris. That's Blue Angel in the background.

Photobucket

Ok, now you can laugh. Here are my pathetic attempt to grow Montana Aureo. This is two plants. The one on the left I got in 1999 (yes that's not a typo). The one on the right I got in 2003. They have been moved several times to better soil, better light, lots of water. This is the second year they've been here in quite a bit of sun but still they sit.

Photobucket

A bearded Iris of some kind that I like with Brave Amhurst behind.

Photobucket

The light in the evening coming from the west is great at this time of year.

Photobucket

Next pictures on the 18th

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Six months ago 6-16-08

OMG! McT, how wonderfully fortunate you are to live in such a lovely setting. Montana Aureo IS an extremely SLOW grower...I have experienced that also. Still mighty pretty though!

Thank you for posting all these wonderful photos! And have a great Christmas!

Char

o
RE: Six months ago 6-16-08

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all of you too. I like this idea of Cowboys to look back to 6 months ago. I've got a few more days to do before it will be Christmas and probably not much time for a while. I'm looking out my window at the beautiful snow and I should be out taking pictures of that but it's TOO cold! Myrle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here