Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta I 2013

3 Most difficult things to do in the World:

1. You cannot count your hair.
2. You cannot wash your eyes with soap.
3. You cannot breathe when your tongue is out.

Now please put your tongue back inside.

I wish to see your Is:

Inspire Greatness.

Comments (31)

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    10 years ago

Ice Age Trail - new 2013

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Inniswood 2nd year

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Only one for me: Ice Palace

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Inniswood

Irish Luck

• Lee
    10 years ago

Ivory Coast

Inniswood

Island Charm

• hostanista
    10 years ago

Only one "I" for now: Independence (a first year baby). I hope my Inniswood is picture-worthy for next year's alphabet.

• bchosta 8b west coast canada
    10 years ago

Invincible

10 years ago

Island Charm

10 years ago

Another of Island Charm - upper right - this time earlier in the season.

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Nice Invincible, BCHosta.

bk

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

The rest are my plants.

This is like a giant Devon Green. It is one that lasts the longest in the fall even though it's exposed to weather and in lots of sun.

• luuk
    10 years ago

hmmm i like a lot Ivory Necklace, ...a little less the name!

• luuk
    10 years ago

Iced Lemon

• jimr66
    10 years ago

Ivory Coast. took this pic at Goldenbrook Hostas early in July. Bought a single division plant about 5 minutes later....

• jimr66
    10 years ago

here is the one I bought (Ivory Coast)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

My 'Inniswood', first year in the garden.

Don B.

• paul_in_mn
    10 years ago

Illicit Affair

Inaho

Independence Day

Invincible

Paul

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Paul and McT, nice Invincibles. I really like that one, but mine turns to carp about July 15.

bk

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Yes, those are great-looking 'Invincible', you guys. I hope mine is looking strong this spring; It'll be year 3 for mine...

A very nice introduction from Paul Aden, from a cross of his 'Aden 314' and 'Aden 802', just two breeding plants of many, from his extensive hybridization program...

HA HA HA HA HO HO HA HA HA HA HEE HEE HEE!!!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry...Couldn't help it.

'I'm the father of hostas'--Paul Aden

Don B.

• leaflover76
    10 years ago

Independence

Inniswood

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Hosta 'Ivory Coast'.

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Don,

Just so that you know, Invincible was hybridized by Kevin Vaughn. Kevin was the only person in the country working with fragrant plants at that time. So Sweet was Kevin's plant also. These were stolen from Kevin's parents' garden in Massachusetts while Kevin was away at college. I'm hopeful that these corrections in the record will be made shortly by the AHS and the registrar.

Steve

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Inaho, from the Flying Frog display garden. I fell in love and bought a plant, but mine is still tiny.

Ivory Coast is awfully pretty, maybe my garden needs one.

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Thanks for that info, Steve. So Sweet is one of my favorites.

bk

• igmommy
    10 years ago

Inniswood

Invincible

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Yes Steve, I figured that 'Invincible' was from Kevin Vaughn, as well as 'Fragrant Bouquet' and any other fragrant hostas that Paul Aden took credit for. From what I've gathered from reading of this man in the last year or so, I'm doubting he registered ANY hostas that he could honestly call his own. My post was pure sarcasm, my friend. : ) (Except for the compliments on the nice-looking specimens posted on this thread).

Don B.

P.S. 'Aden 412', 'Aden 802,' 'Aden BLAH BLAH BLAH...' LOL...You pickin up what I'm puttin down?

P.P.S. And yes indeed, I totally agree with you; I'm also hoping the hosta registrar will make the needed corrections in good time. I was very heartened to see Hallson Gardens begin to do so on their website.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 20:51

• flower_frenzy
    10 years ago

The only "I" hosta I currently have a picture of-'Irish Luck'.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

My 'Invincible', looking anything but.

Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

WOW. The "I's" have it!
    BC, that's the prettiest Invincible I ever saw. And the rest of the show is pretty darn good too.

Forgive me if I omit some of my I's.

Inniswood has to be a fantastic hosta, if every speciman I see is that lovely. Gives me hope for my youngun in a couple of years. Here is mine in August....from Wade Gatton.

Invincible is a great one to have since it is fertile. From Bridgewood. Fragrant, naturally.

Invincible Spirit is medium sized, fragrant, this one came from MasonHollow in NH

Irish Luck is on the "shiny leaf hosta" list.From Land Of The Giants Nursery

Iron Gate Bouquet (and the other Iron Gate hosta I have) came from Wade Gatton. That includes IG Delight, IG Glamour, IG Supreme. Only one picture here.

• lupinguy
    10 years ago

berndnyz5 how old is that Ivory coast, I bought one last year with two large eyes and one smaller one. I am probably most excited for that one in the spring.

• Ludicious Acres
    10 years ago

Ice Follies

Irish Luck