Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta N 2012

Posted by ilovetogrow 9 Jax FL (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 5:30

The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love. ~Luther Burbank

No doubt about it I would like to see your Ns!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta N 2012

Night Before Christmas - second year

o

Photobucket
Night Before Christmas early May
Cher

o

Nakai - first year, a division from a mature plant.

o

H. Niagara Falls
I just love this hosta...love the shape, the ripples, the size. It delights me.
Niagara Falls 2012 photo 100_3922.jpg

o

Nancy - 2nd year
Hosta 'Nancy'

Neat and Tidy - 1st year
Hosta 'Neat and Tidy'

Neptune - 2nd year
Hosta 'Neptune'

Northern Exposure
Hosta 'Northern Exposure'

Paul

o

Photobucket
H NEWBERRY GOLD

Photobucket
H NIGHTLIFE

o

Neptune is one that McTavish got for me when visiting her sister in Washington last spring. What a friend!

o

Although my plants are all young and small I have visions of them becoming big and beautiful like some of you know who! This is my young NIGHT LIFE

o

Yet another 'Night Before Christmas'

H.'Night Before Christmas' photo june62012028.jpg

and there's also one at the cottage....

H. 'Night Before Christmas' Sept. 2012 photo cottagegardensfall2012020.jpg

and 'Niagara Falls' not yet showing any adult characteristics

mostlycottage2012036 photo mostlycottage2012036.jpg

o

Jan, my Niagara Falls was just like that the year before it finally got wavy. You'll probably see a big difference this year.

I predict Faye's plants will surpass mine in no time. She has perfect light conditions, hopefully no roots and has left room for them to grow. It's going to be fun to watch.

Norwalk Chartreuse 6-19-12

Nightlife June 2012

Nippers 5-21-12 (50)

Niagara Falls

Neptune June 2012

Niagara Falls 7-13-12 (65)

Niagara Falls 10-20-12 (7)

o

Another Niagara Falls, 5 years old planted in shade getting minimal sun in my oldest hosta bed. Good grower even with tree root competition. My husband likes this one.

NIAGARA FALLS on June 10,2012

o

I bought 'Nancy' for a friend named Nancy. I liked it so much I bought a second for myself. Mine is planted under spruce trees that have very shallow roots. I'm wondering whether it would keep its yellow colour longer with more sun. i also think I might have planted mine too deep as I've seen others that appear a bit more upright.

NANCY (third year) on May 22, 2012

o

NANCY on July 28, 2012

o

Myrle has the best Niagara Falls I've seen.

Just one N.

Neat and Tidy yr 2
 photo NeatandTidyyr220120529.jpg

Steve

o

Steve I totally agree on Myrle's Niagara Falls. Here is the view of it from 2011 and it only gets better each year. The cute little grandson now has red hair and also has grown lots

o

My Niagara Falls is special for me because I don't often get plants to get to the mature size or if I do it takes forever. That is due to my tendency to cram them together and move them around. I'm working on a family (people) album and had just put this picture together to compare how both Niagara Falls and my grandson had grown . Both are thriving. Yes, he has red hair which sadly his mother keeps very short. Love that red hair!

6-2-12~1

o

Oh boy, I somehow did not see the N's until now, so I get to be the one to follow Merle! Who can top that set of Niagara Falls and Nana's growing boy! Always lovely photos and very well grown hosta as well. I guess we'll get to see your boy growing up and breaking hearts down the road, huh.

Anyway, sigh, here are my offerings to the N's.

Nakaiana, said to be very fertile
Hosta12July132

Nakaiana beside June for size comparison
(and hopes they cross pollenate)
Hosta12July149

Nathan's Nirvana behind Stiff Upper Lip, both Stuart Asch plants
Hosta12June336

Navajo, one of Van Wade's Native Americans which arrived after Oct 1st near dormancy, but in November was still going.
Hosta12Nov054

Niagara Falls in a big pot with Aqua Velva, a fragrant guy.
Hosta12Oct083

Nightlife in May 2012
Hosta 'Nightlife'

Nightlife in July 2012--this is a fragrant hosta
Hosta12July134

Nippers
Hosta12Oct210

None Lovelier getting ready to bloom in August
Hosta12Aug126

o

Hosta 'Naked Lady'
Photobucket

Here is a photo I took of the best Niagara Falls I've ever seen. It's located in Woodstock, Ontario. It belongs to a fellow collector.
Photobucket

o

This Niagara Falls is huge, shows again that future landscapes will require a lot of replanting of hostas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here