Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta N 2012

The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love. ~Luther Burbank

No doubt about it I would like to see your Ns!

Comments (19)

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    11 years ago

Night Before Christmas - second year

• Cher
    11 years ago

Night Before Christmas early May
    Cher

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    11 years ago

Nakai - first year, a division from a mature plant.

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Nancy - 2nd year

Neat and Tidy - 1st year

Neptune - 2nd year

Northern Exposure

Paul

• plantbug
    11 years ago

H NEWBERRY GOLD

H NIGHTLIFE

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Neptune is one that McTavish got for me when visiting her sister in Washington last spring. What a friend!

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Although my plants are all young and small I have visions of them becoming big and beautiful like some of you know who! This is my young NIGHT LIFE

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Yet another 'Night Before Christmas'

and there's also one at the cottage....

and 'Niagara Falls' not yet showing any adult characteristics

• mctavish6
    11 years ago

Jan, my Niagara Falls was just like that the year before it finally got wavy. You'll probably see a big difference this year.

I predict Faye's plants will surpass mine in no time. She has perfect light conditions, hopefully no roots and has left room for them to grow. It's going to be fun to watch.

• irawon
    11 years ago

Another Niagara Falls, 5 years old planted in shade getting minimal sun in my oldest hosta bed. Good grower even with tree root competition. My husband likes this one.

NIAGARA FALLS on June 10,2012

• irawon
    11 years ago

I bought 'Nancy' for a friend named Nancy. I liked it so much I bought a second for myself. Mine is planted under spruce trees that have very shallow roots. I'm wondering whether it would keep its yellow colour longer with more sun. i also think I might have planted mine too deep as I've seen others that appear a bit more upright.

NANCY (third year) on May 22, 2012

• irawon
    11 years ago

NANCY on July 28, 2012

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Myrle has the best Niagara Falls I've seen.

Just one N.

Neat and Tidy yr 2

Steve

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Steve I totally agree on Myrle's Niagara Falls. Here is the view of it from 2011 and it only gets better each year. The cute little grandson now has red hair and also has grown lots

• mctavish6
    11 years ago

My Niagara Falls is special for me because I don't often get plants to get to the mature size or if I do it takes forever. That is due to my tendency to cram them together and move them around. I'm working on a family (people) album and had just put this picture together to compare how both Niagara Falls and my grandson had grown . Both are thriving. Yes, he has red hair which sadly his mother keeps very short. Love that red hair!

• User
    11 years ago

Oh boy, I somehow did not see the N's until now, so I get to be the one to follow Merle! Who can top that set of Niagara Falls and Nana's growing boy! Always lovely photos and very well grown hosta as well. I guess we'll get to see your boy growing up and breaking hearts down the road, huh.

Anyway, sigh, here are my offerings to the N's.

Nakaiana, said to be very fertile

Nakaiana beside June for size comparison
    (and hopes they cross pollenate)

Nathan's Nirvana behind Stiff Upper Lip, both Stuart Asch plants

Navajo, one of Van Wade's Native Americans which arrived after Oct 1st near dormancy, but in November was still going.

Niagara Falls in a big pot with Aqua Velva, a fragrant guy.

Nightlife in May 2012

Nightlife in July 2012--this is a fragrant hosta

Nippers

None Lovelier getting ready to bloom in August

• TheHostaCottage
    11 years ago

Hosta 'Naked Lady'

Here is a photo I took of the best Niagara Falls I've ever seen. It's located in Woodstock, Ontario. It belongs to a fellow collector.

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

This Niagara Falls is huge, shows again that future landscapes will require a lot of replanting of hostas.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH