Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We have blizzard in NYC; school is closed!!!

Posted by esther_b NYC Zone 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 6:39

Yay, yay, yay!!!!! School is closed today!!!!

Honestly, with 6-10 inches of snow, wind chill -17 degrees, 30 mph winds, a white-out going on---I was going to call in today, as were all the teachers I know. Thank goodness they just announced school is closed. It's so cold that salt will not work to melt ice, so you have everyone slip-sliding away on the sidewalk, being blown around by the wind, cars sliding through intersections, buses that can't climb hills, etc. They've closed major highways to avoid hundreds of stranded vehicles like the last blizzard. How on earth were kids and teachers supposed to get to school?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We have blizzard in NYC; school is closed!!!

Forecast is -12 dgrs F tonight, in spite of global warming. I did blow part of the snow yesterday, but my ears nearly froze off. We had 1 ft of snow total. Around Boston there are 2 ft of snow. But in my basement in their growing chamber hostas are growing at 80 F, that are good looking seedlings. Bernd

This post was edited by berndnyz5 on Fri, Jan 3, 14 at 16:57

o
RE: We have blizzard in NYC; school is closed!!!

Aaaah, a basement. Don't have one of those in my co-op. I really must visit my geranium experiment in my storage room under my building, to water the geraniums. But that won't be today, with the extreme -16 wind chill factor today.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here