Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta 'Mini Skirt'

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 10:27

Anyone have this? It didn't show up here in either 'M' or 'mini', but a recent garden magazine in an article 'Meet the class of 2014' identifies it among the hottest new picks. It is one of the 'blue Mouse Ears' series, and is described as "a miniature mound of wavy thick blue-green leaves with creamy yellow margins in spring. In summer the centre turns greener and the edge lightens to creamy white. Pale lavender flowers with deeper purple stripes appear closely packed together on short scapes in early to midsummer."

Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta 'Mini Skirt'

Found it! It's not registered, though.

bk

edit: I just remembered not all newly registered hosta are on the online database.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walter's gardens

This post was edited by bkay2000 on Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 16:24

o

I Don't have one, Jan, but I did notice one was up for auction a few weeks ago. It was the 'regular' Hosta Library auction where I saw it.

Don B.

o

It is brand spanking new...this spring will be the first anyone has it. It's going to be a hot one ;)

o

I saw thousands of them at Walters this past summer before they began shipping them out. I told them it should have a Mouse name, since it's a Mouse Ears sport. Oh well, 'Mini Skirt' is okay, I guess.

o

Jan - Mini Skirt is available at Shades of Green in Alymer, Ontario - http://www.shadesofgreenhostas.ca/NEW-Hostas-for-2014.php

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.shadesofgreenhostas.ca/NEW-Hostas-for-2014.php

o

fwiw:
Hosta 'Mini Skirt' is now available for bidding on the hosta library auction.

o

Thanks for the info - Shades of Green will certainly be on our spring outing list - love that place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here