Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those longing for spring...

Posted by hosta_freak z6 NC (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 10:29

Here is a pic of part of my garden from last year. This is from the road above the garden. Phil

photo DSC_0007_zps501f29e7.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those longing for spring...

A sea of healthy foliage! Just what I need as the snow, again, begins falling in E. PA.

Thanks Phil.

o

Looks absolutely beautiful, Phil. Just think...only a few more months to go...

o

AHHHH....green.....thank you Phil. So soothing on the eyes.

Here's a pic taken just an hour ago in my Hosta Walk. Sigh!

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 12:54

Your woodland garden pics are always inspirational. Thanks!

o

Thanks for Sharing.

bk

o

Come on you guys . Put up some more beautiful spring pics.

o

OK! Here's to spring, nothing says spring like TULIPS. My front yard pink purple white clump.

o

White tulips in ferns, one of my favourite spring pics.

o

March 8 last year in Denver. Spring is not too far away!

o

Early iPad pic. The good camera for this years garden.

o

Thanks Phil, I needed that.

Some daffies!

photo 002_zps5df2f0ca.jpg

photo   <BR>004_zpsbeffcbac.jpg

photo 010_zps9b5f1f59.jpg

It won't be long now my first snowdrop is out today.

o

Spring shot of one path with the Rhododendron in the back.

o

A sure sign of spring...Vinca Minor in bloom and busy bee.

o

Come on, spring...Tulips coming up in the front yard, along with the lawn getting green. Hope to see it happening soon. All those tulips (105 of 'em) cost me a total of 12 cents plus tax. .02 a pack. Can't beat that with a stick. : ) All 105 came up and bloomed, too. Amazing... Yep, I counted 'em.

Don B.

o

lol Don I keep reminding myself that you came from SFV and now live in Colorado. That is amazing they all bloomed. I have been waiting with this photo until just the right time. I am ready for spring.

o

Maggie posing in the spring garden. I can wait for spring. Last year everything was up and we had a sharp freeze and snow in May followed by a 100 degree day. The year before spring came six weeks early and a lot of things didn't bloom at all. Just give me a nice, normal, fairly wet spring with no big temperature swings this year, please.

o

Phil, I always love seeing your gardens/woods. Getting to see everyone else's sprng shots, too, is such a treat.

o

A plethora of Petunias is always beautiful in spring.

Don B.

o

Its very inspiring to see the spring gardens. I'm envious of the success you all seem to have with bulbs. In spite of feeding and letting the foliage die on it's own, most of mine seem to diminish. When I see pictures like this I always thing I should try again. The minor bulbs like snowdrops and crocus do just fine but tulips fade away and daffodils often don't even come up. In spite of that I love the spring. Two months until these pictures begin seems survivable.

Late March in the Garden

Early and Mid April in the Garden 4-15-13

Tulips at the end of April

End of April

Early May

Mid May

Middle of May and dappled shade

End of May

o

Tulips do say "Spring"...

photo tulipred7.jpg

...as do columbine, hosta leaves and pine male strobili.

photo hmontpin.jpg

tj

o

What beautiful gardens!! I feel so inspired and ready for spring! :)

o

How about a spring-blooming Clem?

o

Very nice, Fnnthsun. Room for one more?

Don B.

o

Don't feel bad about the tulips, Mctavish. There are only a few that come back and multiply. Almost all of them just fade away in a few years. Try the tiny, early daffodils like Jack Snipe or Tete-a-tete. Mine have multiplied like crazy; I really should dig and divide them.

o

My yellow witch hazel Hamamelis is always the first plant to bloom in spring, here in March. Bernd

o

This is what I have now...

o

....and this is what I'm looking forward to....last spring was a long time coming but worth the wait.:-)

o

..peonies...

o

Another clematis

o

'Going Bananas' peony (transactional/Itoh)

o

I figured the way to beat the winter blahs was to post multiple pictures of spring... A close-up and then I'm done...thanks for indulging me...

Jo

o

Your 'Going Bananas' blossoms are beautiful, Jo. 'First Frost' and 'Halcyon' await spring 2014.

Don B.

o

Thank you, Sir Guacamole! :-)

Ahhhh....The creeping jenny ground cover sure is a bright foil to the hosta, especially when in flower....have it, love it! I am also admiring the uprightness of your First Frost....mine grows lower. I like yours. Gorgeous picture and play on colour.

o

Hi folks, just checking in to see what everyone is up to. Beautiful pictures. Made me think of some of the plants I left at the old house. I moved some rhodos, azaleas, tree peonies, clematis and related plants. Waiting for spring to see what survived. Very windy here by the harbor, some have tipped over, had to put rocks to hold them down.LOL Hope everyone's garden survives the winter, looking at the pictures, all I can say is come on Spring!!!!

o

Peony Do Tell

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here