Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosta_freak

For those longing for spring...

hosta_freak
10 years ago

Here is a pic of part of my garden from last year. This is from the road above the garden. Phil

Comments (35)

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

A sea of healthy foliage! Just what I need as the snow, again, begins falling in E. PA.

Thanks Phil.

• donrawson
    10 years ago

Looks absolutely beautiful, Phil. Just think...only a few more months to go...

• hostanista
    10 years ago

AHHHH....green.....thank you Phil. So soothing on the eyes.

Here's a pic taken just an hour ago in my Hosta Walk. Sigh!

• dg
    10 years ago

Your woodland garden pics are always inspirational. Thanks!

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Thanks for Sharing.

bk

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    10 years ago

Come on you guys . Put up some more beautiful spring pics.

• hostanista
    10 years ago

OK! Here's to spring, nothing says spring like TULIPS. My front yard pink purple white clump.

• hostanista
    10 years ago

White tulips in ferns, one of my favourite spring pics.

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    10 years ago

March 8 last year in Denver. Spring is not too far away!

• zkathy z7a NC
    10 years ago

Early iPad pic. The good camera for this years garden.

• mountainy man z8 Ireland
    10 years ago

Thanks Phil, I needed that.

Some daffies!

It won't be long now my first snowdrop is out today.

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

Spring shot of one path with the Rhododendron in the back.

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

A sure sign of spring...Vinca Minor in bloom and busy bee.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Come on, spring...Tulips coming up in the front yard, along with the lawn getting green. Hope to see it happening soon. All those tulips (105 of 'em) cost me a total of 12 cents plus tax. .02 a pack. Can't beat that with a stick. : ) All 105 came up and bloomed, too. Amazing... Yep, I counted 'em.

Don B.

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

lol Don I keep reminding myself that you came from SFV and now live in Colorado. That is amazing they all bloomed. I have been waiting with this photo until just the right time. I am ready for spring.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Maggie posing in the spring garden. I can wait for spring. Last year everything was up and we had a sharp freeze and snow in May followed by a 100 degree day. The year before spring came six weeks early and a lot of things didn't bloom at all. Just give me a nice, normal, fairly wet spring with no big temperature swings this year, please.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Phil, I always love seeing your gardens/woods. Getting to see everyone else's sprng shots, too, is such a treat.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

A plethora of Petunias is always beautiful in spring.

Don B.

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

Its very inspiring to see the spring gardens. I'm envious of the success you all seem to have with bulbs. In spite of feeding and letting the foliage die on it's own, most of mine seem to diminish. When I see pictures like this I always thing I should try again. The minor bulbs like snowdrops and crocus do just fine but tulips fade away and daffodils often don't even come up. In spite of that I love the spring. Two months until these pictures begin seems survivable.

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Tulips do say "Spring"...

...as do columbine, hosta leaves and pine male strobili.

{{gwi:636214}}

tj

• Trillium_Liz
    10 years ago

What beautiful gardens!! I feel so inspired and ready for spring! :)

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

How about a spring-blooming Clem?

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Very nice, Fnnthsun. Room for one more?

Don B.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Don't feel bad about the tulips, Mctavish. There are only a few that come back and multiply. Almost all of them just fade away in a few years. Try the tiny, early daffodils like Jack Snipe or Tete-a-tete. Mine have multiplied like crazy; I really should dig and divide them.

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

My yellow witch hazel Hamamelis is always the first plant to bloom in spring, here in March. Bernd

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

This is what I have now...

10 years ago

....and this is what I'm looking forward to....last spring was a long time coming but worth the wait.:-)

10 years ago

..peonies...

10 years ago

Another clematis

10 years ago

'Going Bananas' peony (transactional/Itoh)

10 years ago

I figured the way to beat the winter blahs was to post multiple pictures of spring... A close-up and then I'm done...thanks for indulging me...

Jo

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Your 'Going Bananas' blossoms are beautiful, Jo. 'First Frost' and 'Halcyon' await spring 2014.

Don B.

10 years ago

Thank you, Sir Guacamole! :-)

Ahhhh....The creeping jenny ground cover sure is a bright foil to the hosta, especially when in flower....have it, love it! I am also admiring the uprightness of your First Frost....mine grows lower. I like yours. Gorgeous picture and play on colour.

• hostarhodo
    10 years ago

Hi folks, just checking in to see what everyone is up to. Beautiful pictures. Made me think of some of the plants I left at the old house. I moved some rhodos, azaleas, tree peonies, clematis and related plants. Waiting for spring to see what survived. Very windy here by the harbor, some have tipped over, had to put rocks to hold them down.LOL Hope everyone's garden survives the winter, looking at the pictures, all I can say is come on Spring!!!!

• unbiddenn
    10 years ago

Peony Do Tell

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!