Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostafreak

Winter brrrrr!

hostafreak
10 years ago

15 degrees this morning,with light dusting of snow! Hope you all up in the weather of the frozen tundra are staying warm. Phil

Comments (16)

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Outside at 11am it is -1 dgrs and I have to go out to clean the driveway. Retirees like me should stay inside, might do it tomorrow, can always order pizzas.

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

From my corner of the frozen north it's a balmy + 39 degrees F. There's still snow on the ground but it's very warm for January. Eastern Canada isn't fairing as well. Keep warm.

• luuk
    10 years ago

Fresh air as it revitalizes our minds and bodies, ...namaste !
    Here and now the temperatures are from 36 ðF to 42 ðF.
    in the photo I took today my old 'Plantaginea' have buds out.

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

37 this morning in Florida with a very mean wind. Now at 345p it is 42 degrees. Feels kind of nice for a day or 2. Pizza sounds good. Paula

• JANE100
    10 years ago

Here in Bflo NY we have 0 degrees, F. w/c is -18, . Not too much snow but more coming Sunday. Sat. & Sun. should be 34 so able to go to my Hosta breakfast Sat. My snowblower guy cleared drive at 10AM so I could go run errands. Stocking up for next weeks snow assault. All schools and activities closed for the past 2 days.

• ninamarie
    10 years ago

Nasty, nasty cold. It's everything I can do to keep the house warm. This morning it was just over -8F. Very, very cold.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

50 Deg. F here at 10:15 P.M. Mountain time, very windy. Supposed to drop below freezing early Saturday morning and stay below freezing for a few days, with snowstorms coming in tomorrow A.M. Low of 4 Deg. predicted for Sunday. Huge, back-and-forth swings in temps here in the last 10 days or so. Bad for potted dormant hostas, I'm sure. (potentially)

Don B.

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    10 years ago

It's -21^F this AM and yesterdays high was only-6. It's supposed to warm up into the teens today so maybe I'll get out and snowblow the driveway. Monday rain is predicted with temps. in the 30's - BLAH.
    A few weeks ago it was -20 and then it rained for three days and we lost much of our snow cover. When temps. returned to "normal" the hostas under the hemlocks were sitting in puddles of ice.

• User
    10 years ago

Oh, SquireJohn, hope the crowns make it. We were soaked days ago and are still soaked. Planted or potted, not a happy situation for host a.

• hosta_freak
    10 years ago

It is 7 degrees as I write this,and expected to get even colder. Too cold for me! Phil

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    10 years ago

My thermometer is currently showing -28, the high today was -20, wind chills have been in the -45 to -60 range, more of the same tomorrow. We may hit zero by Wed. Good time to browse hosta catalogs.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Looking forward to a balmy day of 49 degrees F....We'll see what the day brings!

Don B.

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    10 years ago

We got about 5" of snow on the 5th and yesterday temps. in the 40's with more rain. There's very little snow cover and it's 5 degrees now.
    We need some more snow like we had in 2009 even if it spoiled the view:

• Jon 6a SE MA
    10 years ago

You win squirejohn, a balmy 10 degrees here and staying in the teens all day, although it hit -5 a few days ago.

• hostafreak
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well,it reached 3.4 degrees this morning,setting a new record for the 14 years I have lived in this house! Now they're saying it will go up to 41 tomorrow! It's that global warming thing,you know! Phil

• in ny zone5
    10 years ago

Those TV stations always have to make things bad to get viewers. In my area we only had one bad night on last Friday which was -12 dgrs. Usually 20-40 years ago we had a whole week at -20 dgrs F, so it is still warmer, that is in my area. I tell you the windchill this noon was at -10 or so while we were loading groceries into the trunk of our car. It was really good after that to sit in the car. Between that last Friday at -12 and today at +10 or so we had a Sunday at +46 dgrs with rain. Bernd

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES