Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

The absolute most perfect hosta name ever

Ethel...

You know, for a streaker? Anybody with me on this?

Sport would be Boogity, Boogity...

OK, this is the part where I should probably tell you I'm sick and may not be in my right mind, lol, but that was an epiphany that I just had to share! Tell me someone else gets this!

LOL, I'm going to go lie down. I'm thinking this is way funnier to me than it should be!

Comments (12)

• hosta-see
    10 years ago

Funnthsun
    I get it made me chuckle Thanks! And I hope you get feeling better soon!

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

"Ethel"??????????????????????? Yes, my dear, you ARE sick. Go back to bed. Boogity, Boogity, Boogity.

-Babka

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OK, how about "Don't look, Ethel?"

I ain't going down without a fight here!

:-)

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Let me tell you about Ahab the Arab, the Sheik of the burning sand...

Used to listen to my mom's Ray Stevens records when she was at work. I was about 7 years old or so...

Don B.

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

Okay, Funnthsun, you have to be a Nascar fan!!! Darrell Waltrip used to race and is now an announcer, and 'Boogity boogity boogity' is what he says when a race starts! Besides being a Hosta Addict, I love Nascar and football! And you are right, Boogity boogity boogity would be a cool name for a Hosta, altho' I am not sure what it would have to look like!!!Can you tell it is the off season for our gardens??

• bkay2000
    10 years ago

Thanks for the laugh.

bk

Here is a link that might be useful: The Streak

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

How about "H. Ethel's Had Enough"

Steve

• unbiddenn
    10 years ago

Dominator. For the big bossy giant.

• User
    10 years ago

Funn, I am so glad to have a kindred soul who gets light bulbs going off in the head. You too must let your thoughts drift? They stopped giving me codeine years ago for bronchitis. Get well soon.....hehehe

• User
    10 years ago

Speaking of Boogity Boogity....

I'm probably the only one here who remembers (and LOVES) the Jack Lemmon romantic comedy HOW TO MURDER YOUR WIFE....with Virna Lisi (Italian beauty), Terry Thomas as his man servant.

In the movie, he is a cartoonist who enacts all the plots for his hero, and in the "murder" plot he introduces us to the GLOPPADA-GLOPPADA MACHINE.

That is right up there with BOOGIDY BOOGIDY suggesting verbally what the action sounds like. In fact, I believe that Tony Avent, with his way of naming hosta, might find this sort of name appropriate for some of his future hosta.

If you stick around long enough, even a marginally on-topic discussion will turn like a seagull into the wind of the forum's main subject.....HOSTA.

• bragu_DSM 5
    10 years ago

cabin fever haveth startedeth sinkingeth inneth in earnestitudineth me thinketh

daveth

• User
    10 years ago

For those with Windows 7 on the computer, there is a thing called STICKY NOTES, which you can access to put little .... sticky notes ... on your monitor screen. Great idea I think.

If you are inclined to jot a hosta name down to research later, it is a great way to declutter your desk and put the clutter on your desktop. That's where I have my wish/order/research lists (plural) for Avalon, Savorys, MasonHollow, WadeGatton, Solberg et al. But Solberg won't have their 2014 catalog up until Feb....although if you order now some of their auction specials, any you order in Feb will be free shipping as well.

(Is that off the thread subject? Sorry)