Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

Question for hostahillbilly

just1morehosta
14 years ago

I sure have enjoyed walking through your gardens,each and every one is prettier than the last,thank you for posting such beautiful hostas to enjoy this time of year.

I can't help but notice, you seem to be living in the woods,do you have a secret as to how you stop the deer from eating them?

How many hosta do you think you have growing?

Where do you live?

Do you have garden walks?*****You should!!!!

If you don't mind, I am walking through again.:0)

cAROL

Comments (12)

• aahostas
    14 years ago

cAROL,
    It appears that "Elvis" has left the building! Da da daaah...Dah dah daaah!

Denny

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Denny, you are to funny.
    I feel like i have entered the twilight zone,was he ever really here?
    Is this his garden,or someone elses?
    Will we ever know?
    cAROL

• gardengirl_nancy
    14 years ago

Why doesn't he answer questions? I would love to know what some of these hostas are.

• newhostaaddict
    14 years ago

maybe she flew south for the winter

regardless, they are great pictures of a lovely garden

jill

• hostahillbilly
    14 years ago

Yep, I'm not compelled to be tied to the computer all the time. Somewhere on here I saw an option to have responses to my posts be sent to me on email, and that would work so very well and hope I've got that working now. This time of year I'm so engrossed in nursery catalogs, sure you all understand. Not to mention all the seedlings in the basement . . .

Garden walks - YOU BET! We love to share the 1000+ hosta up here on hillbilly ridge, about 8 miles SE of Cadillac MI. Best time is late June to early September here in U.S.D.A. Zone 4b. This year we're hosting a garden wedding the last weekend of June, but otherwise just let us know so we're not off in some other woods around here hiking.

As to if we're 'real', suffice to say that my wife is the person who twisted this web site's arm into having a forum for Hosta, many many moons ago, in a galaxy far, far, away.

Thanks, y'all, for keeping this forum alive in our absence!

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yea,,,,,,,,,,,,,Elvis has re-entered the building.
    So nice to hear you are back, Love all your pictures,and sure would like to go on a garden walk at your end of the woods.
    cAROL

• hostahillbilly
    14 years ago

cAROL, HowdEEE!

Ummm, that's hillbilly speak for Hello!

REally, we even post an ad in the garden section of the Cadillac News to entice Hosta Garden Walks here. We are pretty much low key. We encourage them to take their time, wander and enjoy, and we give them a list of the 150 or so cultivars we have potted up for them to purchase and take home to plant. Strictly a hobby, but after years of tours asking where to get such-and-such a hosta we started keeping some of the ones that are showy in our garden and not commonly available in the 'big box' stores. All proceeds go back to getting more, bigger, better, newer cultivars to grow so that visitors can see MATURE examples to better choose for their garden. Our passion is to help others make good choices. Having mature examples has helped many visitors here make better choices, I'm sure you understand and agree?

hh

• woodnative
    14 years ago

Hostahillbilly, your wife must be BEVIE???!!!(catlover or something like that as her screen name)
    I was around on this forum then. Funny, when I looked at th ephotos, I thought they looked like her gardens.....I remember the tall red pines. I even traded with her once. Is she still fine? She was the queen of this forum many years ago, for many years. Why no posts until now? Keep sharing! Beautiful photos!!

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hostahillbilly,
    Yes, I understand what you are saying.How many years have you been collecting your beauties?
    How far are you from Oregon,Illinois?
    I may see a trip up ahead.
    cAROL

• hostahillbilly
    14 years ago

woodnative, you busted us. Both of us were working 'civilian' jobs at long hours and couldn't stay active everywhere at once.

hh

• hostahillbilly
    14 years ago

cAROL,

Google Earth says 373 miles and 6 hours 2 minutes. I see the route runs through the ChiTown area, so your results may vary ;-)

Come and get it!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

OOOHHH-road trip!