Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where IS that thread????

Posted by funnthsun 7B - NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 17:13

Can anyone direct me to the thread a few years back (it's probably been mentioned several times) of what the different levels of hosta addiction--uh, dedication--, are and the description of each? I remember reading it several times, they laid out a description of each person at each level, the first being you only think there are two kinds, solid green or green and white, on up to the hybridizers and their description. Anyone help me? I have searched google with every keyword I can think and still can't find it. Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where IS that thread????

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 17:59

Try this. The original article.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Twelve Stages of Hostaholism

o

Babka, that's a good one!
There is another article somewhere which gives titles to hostaholics based on the number of cultivars they own. Bernd

o

I know this probably isn't it, but worth the read while I search.

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 signs you're a hostaholic

o

Babka, thanks I haven't read that 1 yet. going to go look at it fully now but first glance tells me that's not the one I was looking for. looks interesting, though.

Mocc, you're thinking about the one that I'm looking for, yes. its more based on how many you have. It's driving me crazy that I can't find it!

Smith, Thanks for searching! The one you linked to is a great one, well worth bringing up again. I read through that one while I was searching as well. so true!

o

I went into the search site and typed in "10 signs your a hostaholic" but it won't let me bump it up. Not sure what I did wrong but maybe someone else knows how to bring this up on site. Great to read again for some of us that thought we were not really hooked
Faye

o

Found it, finally! It's the Seven Levels of Hosta Gardening. I'm reposting it for everyone.

o

They are all interesting. I never saw the 12 Step hosta addiction article before, and I read it to my DH. He thinks it is very accurate for some reason....but he doesn't know the whole truth yet. The less he knows the better, IMHO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here