Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenlaurel

Savory's Gardens

jenlaurel
17 years ago

Can anyone give me any information on hosta purchases made at Savory's? I checked out the comments on Garden Watchdog, but there wasn't a whole lot of recent posts. I'm interested in plant size (in terms of eyes), maturity of plants, etc.

Thanks!

Jen

Comments (10)

• tsbccowboy
    17 years ago

Streaker71 gave an accurate description.

They are super-nice people and have a super-nice display garden. The Hostas they have on hand tend to be bigger than mail order. They do have a great selection of Hostas, including their own intros.

My newest favorite place to go for inexpensive Hostas around the Twin Cities area is Larson's Nursery in Mendota Heights.

Here is a link that might be useful: Savory's Hostas from 2004

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Dennis and his mom Arlene are wonderful. Go visit their place when you have time to chat and look around their display gardens. The Savory's have introduced more than 50 hostas. Here a pic of Jack of Diamonds in their display garden.

Hosta Heaven

Teresa

• hostasformez4
    17 years ago

I feel the need for a late spring vacation to your area.
    Of course I'll need to bring$$$$$.

Connie

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Connie - you will have to come to the Twin Cities at the end of May. There is a guy in Plymouth and a woman in Anoka that have amazing hosta sales. Both are members here at the forum and are great people. When they email me their lists of hostas and prices I will forward it to you. I've never been to Larson's that Cowboy mentioned but I think I'll make a trip this year.

Teresa

• hostabff
    17 years ago

Teresa,
    Did you ever purchase Jack of Diamonds for your garden? The picture is amazing--what a beautiful hosta.

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

I did not get Jack of Diamonds........but plan on it this year. I got Ivory Coast the day I took the photos. I think it was late August or September when I was there. The hostas were actually kind of dirty - some dust coming off the oak trees. And I got 2 other hostas. I just looked at my list to see what they were and I never added them! My list and bed schematics are out of date.....something I swore I would never let happen. I'll have to do a search because I posted some photos the day I was there and I think I mentioned what I had purchased!

Teresa

• jenlaurel
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Teresa -

Would you mind emailing those lists to me as well? I live in St. Michael so Anoka and Plymouth aren't very far.

Cowboy - Does Larson's have a website?

Thanks!

• Teresa_MN
    17 years ago

Anyone in the Minnesota area wanting to know more about the sales I mentioned feel free to email me. I would be happy to put you on the distribution list! Both are held in May and I usually get the lists a few weeks before hand.

Teresa

• phyllis__mn
    17 years ago

I love Savory's.....I thought I had gone to Heaven during my first trip there last year! They are so friendly, without being gushy. I had three daughters with me, and we were giddy with the great choices. I'm anxious to get to the ones Teresa has info on, too.
    Phyllis

• hostasformez4
    17 years ago

WoW!
    Could you , Would you Teresa?! Thanks so much. Do you still have my e-mail address? If not let me know and I will send it to you again.

Connie