Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Hi Ken...

ademink
11 years ago

...happy to see you are still stomping around here. That's all. :)

This post was edited by ademink on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 20:52

Comments (27)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

hi

ken

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

lol

andrea

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

So ademink - ken is still very much here and contributing info and laughs and weird inks etc. etc. YOU, on the other hand, seem to have been AWOL for a while. What's that all about??? Do people get tired of hostas and of sharing their journey? Have you found a newer better passion? Just wondering....
    Jan

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Jan :) I founded and run a nonprofit that is a homeless street outreach and work about 1000000 hours a week (pourhouse.org). LOL

I still love hosta, conifers and also tend a 20,000 gallon koi pond. I used to have a lot more free time to spend on the forums but life happened and I'm more hit and miss now.

I have over 500 varieties of hosta but all of my cataloging, labeling and organization of varieties went by the wayside. It got frustrating to not know who was who and so I finally settled on just enjoying them collectively as "hosta", rathering than obsessing over my collection.

Eventually when I have more time, I'll sort it all out and pursue growing my collection again.

I enjoy collecting plants/etc other than hosta also: hardy cactus and agave, conifers, ligularia varieties, epimedium blah blah blah...whatever the obsession du jour is. lol

Anyway, there is a long answer that may not be an answer....

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Hello to all! I have been MIA since at least 2010!

Teresa

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Phil - how are you, my friend???

And lo and behold...Teresa and I would show up on the same day...that is super funny! lol

• mctavish6
    11 years ago

It's great to see you both here and hope you post more. I'd love to hear from Chocolates and Fenceberry while we are at it.

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Hey,Teresa! I thought you gave up on hostas,it's been so long! Nice to see you are still lurking out there. Now,if Janice would only come back! Phil

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

wow Andrea - you sound super busy. I just checked out the website - that sounds like a wonderful resource in your community, and no wonder hostas etc are taking a back seat. If you ever decide to re-catalogue your impressive collection there are certainly folks here who would lend their expertise - they love a good mystery. Hope you find some time to spend with us, and know that you are missed.
    Jan

P.S. And in the same vein, where is idiothe??

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

I'm still wondering about marriedtomud (Curtis).

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Jan! :) Teresa...I forgot M2M...and JANICE...I wonder how she is w/ her sweet, eternally kind self!

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

I still hear from Hey_J every so often. She is busy with other things.....like some of us. Hosta-ed out!

• Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
    11 years ago

My-oh-my, Teresa and Andrea, nice to see signs of life from you both, and as attested by the some of the others, you may have been gone for a while, but you certainly have not been forgotten. It's funny how over the years we get involved with a myriad of different hobbies and obsessions and they all ebb and flow, largely because life gets in the way. That's just reality, and life.....

Again, nice to see you both, don't be strangers this year...

Pieter

PS. Yeah, where is Jim?

• ademink
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Pieter!! So nice to see you among many of the "usual suspects" still. :) It's so warm here today, I'll admit I'm having a flash of hosta fever lol

• hostared
    11 years ago

I'm checking in today and saw this. Teresa you forgot me we still stay in contact outside of this forum! Hope everyone is well.

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Oh Gloria! I would never forget you. How could I as I get an email from you almost daily?

I think we should all hop in our cars, drive to Michigan and crash Ken's place! Gloria - I can pick you up on my way through the Chicago area.

Teresa

• hostared
    11 years ago

Sounds like a plan...and Andrea can come up I65 and meet us in IN....oh what a road trip.

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

G - you know we will have to fly Carole in from Colorado..... And aka_margo will have to drive down from Appleton Wisconsin.

Ken - are you ready to throw out the welcome mat for the girls from your past?

LOL

• hostared
    11 years ago

Carole will need to visit Chicago...she's home sick already. Thank God for a Grandchild to make her forget about home. I'm sure she'll go insane when spring gets here. cAROL and Nancy are 2 1/2 hrs west of me down I80.

Looks like a meeting is down here at the tip of Lake Michigan...this is funny! Ken wouldn't be ready for this group.

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

All the more reason we need to do a road trip and surprise Ken!

• just1morehosta
    11 years ago

I received a call yesterday,( from a lady asking if I had such and such hostas)while Nancy was visiting me,and thought I would check in, to see how every one is, wow, family reunion, did some say ROAD TRIP? Hi every one, you all sound good.

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

just1more - you are in Illinois - right? Head on over to Gloria's house (hostared). I will pick the two of you up and we can road trip to Ken's house.

Ken is reading this and cringing right about now and thinking......God help me if all of these crazy women show up at my house.....

hehehehe!

• just1morehosta
    11 years ago

Hi teresa,yes, I am in Illinois, nice to see you again, do you remember Connie, she is in Free port, and loves going to new gardens, she is on vacation right now, but I will let her know, and Nancy,(Gardengirl) would also love to come along.Do you have a date in mind?

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Connie and her sister came to my house in 2007. They came for the Minnesota hosta tour and the next day I took them to Venero's gardens.

I have no specific date in mind....

Ken - what day is best for you? The list of people for this road trip is growing ...... :-)

• just1morehosta
    11 years ago

I will check back,byyyy

• hostasformez4
    11 years ago

Well Hello Ladies and Ken,

We just got back from our annual trip to FL Wed. cAROL and I talked while I was gone and she told me about the trip. Count me in. I would love to see Ken-son and his wonderful gardens.

I am trying to catch up on some of the posts on the forum.

As some of you may know I had extensive surgery on my heel and wasn't able to do a thing outside after May 14 2012 till fall clean up in Nov. and Dec.. It took the better part of 7 months to really be back to normal. Since last year was a complete bust I am really starting to forward to working in my garden again. My hubby just took care of the lawn so you know I have a lot of work to do.

Connie

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES