Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picture request ... Reptilian

Posted by leafwatcher (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 22:22

Mine doesn't seem to be doing much, I think this will be its third year.. LEAP year hopefully...

While I do have a boring shot of mine SOMEWHERE ..does anyone have any nice established Reptilian pictures swimming slowly below the tranquil surface of your pc/apples hard drive?

I don't recall any close calls on the Hosta Library... or, none took my bait anyhow ! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picture request ... Reptilian

Reptilian is slow to show its true self!

o

Josh, how old is the one in your pictures? Mine was a pretty good size first year hosta. Wondering how long it will take to get the mature looks of yours. Your's is absolutely spectacular!

Does anyone know the correct spelling (Reptillian vs Reptilian). I've seen it both ways.

Photobucket

o

Reptillian in early June

Reptilian about a month later in the middle of the picture below.

6-28-11 (63)

o

Wow, there are some great personality in those older plants..mine seems to be dragging its feet on the size and texture.

McTavish, that last picture makes me want to pull up a chair and enjoy a coffee watching the breeze play thru the leaves of your garden...

o

I bought a Reptilian Seedling in 2010 which turned out yellow green instead of the dark blue green of a real Reptilian, see lower right of this picture.
Bernd
Photobucket

o

These pictures have me SO stoked up for spring..what will it bring?

hopefully I dodge the early year hailstorm.. I sure hope there is a whole lot of LEAPING going on in the garden !

o

Gesila, my pics were taken in 2006 and I got the plant as a first year TC in 2000. So it took 6 years to grow to what you see. I would guess the plant in your picture may be 3-4 years old.

o

Gesila, at first I thought your plant was wrong. I looked up when I got mine and my first years pictures showed it was exactly like yours though half the size. It was planted in fairly heavy shade and has grown steadly.

2006 new mail order purchase
2007 increased size and begining of corrigation
2008 more corrigation and some leaves wider in shape more ruffled
2009 mature leaf shape and size.

from then on the plant just gets bigger. Good luck.

berndnyz5, your plant looks like Marilyn Monroe or Candy Dish to me.

o

mctavish, I bought that yellowish green one as a 'Reptilian Seedling' at a hosta society sale in August 2010. It is growing nicely. My Marilyn Monroe is green. I have only a Candy Dish X Redstem Seedling which is also green. Some seedlings not necessarily are of the mama's color, so I got a yellow one and did not realize until now that it should be green. But then OTOH I like that color combination of that garden spot.
Bernd

o

I love Reptilian and have found it a good grower. Here's my plant trying to battle it out with my Daphne Summer Ice bush.

Reptilian Year 3
Photobucket

Reptilian Year 4
Reptillion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here