Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_in_mn

Got something new for christmas

paul_in_mn
12 years ago

No, it wasn't a hosta -- I asked for Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.

Here's a pic I modified with this program. Neat effects...

and the original

Paul

Comments (11)

• Gesila
    12 years ago

Pretty neat Paul. Your pictures looked exceptional last year, can't wait to see what you come up with using Adobe Photoshop Elements 10!

• jan_on zone 5b
    12 years ago

Please thank your benefactor on behalf of all of us who will benefit!
    Jan

• thisismelissa
    12 years ago

Love it, Paul!

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    12 years ago

Paul, After seeing your photo I too had to have this program. I was using 6 but this is way awesome. Thanks for suggesting it. Paula{{gwi:464087}}

• User
    12 years ago

Nice Job Paul. I've worked with photo shop a little, however I haven't created anything like that...

• mctavish6
    12 years ago

Hey Paul, You inspired me too. I've never used Photo shop which I had heard was sometimes hard to learn. I've used Triscape (Fxfoto) which I found by accident when I first started working with photos. It attracted me because the basic program was free. I added one 'level' up for $50 which is for life. You can't beat the price. I wondered if I could come up with something similar.

You posted this picture on another thread.

I managed to do this one.

Yours was probably a one shot, does it all effect. I had to do this in several steps. The edges could have been clearer but I was short of time. Show me something else your program can do. I like to learn more about mine. Thanks Myrle

• in ny zone5
    12 years ago

This is really great software, but costs.
    Myrle, thanks for mentioning Triscape Fxfoto, just looked it up. I only want to add some text in pictures for documentation, and that is free.
    Bernd

• paul_in_mn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Myrle- I've only tried a couple of things so far - I had some group pics where I replaced a face looking away or not smiling and replace with a better one from another shot - quick and can't even tell. Also, recomposed a pic - say you had two hosta(or people) with gap in between - I can move the two hosta closer together to make a better pic. Price of adobe photoshop elements 10 was $50 after instant rebate cosco had running. Effects have a couple of steps and I am getting better as I understand how I can tweak and cleanup edges. I'd guess your program can do similar....I can see layers created so I could probably duplicate by hand. One of these days I'll go thru some of the tutorials and see what else I can do.

Here's more hosta pics similar to above. Tried different perspectives, text, and background effects.

And one from pho.to site using 30-60 hosta photos-

Paul

• jan_on zone 5b
    12 years ago

Paul -- Your photos are simply spectacular. What an effective way to showcase your beautiful hostas. How great would they look printed on canvas and hung on your wall?!! I can't even choose a favourite, they're all so striking, although Journey's End, Jimmy Crack Corn,Blue Arrow, Fire Opal, wow. In case you need another winter diversion, note cards made with some of these photos would probably be a hit with hosta fanciers. A business opportunity!
    Jan

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    12 years ago

I have only been able to play a little but what fun!

• hostaholic2 z 4, MN
    12 years ago

Absolutely love the photos! Now I want the program, hmm I wonder, can you buy it with extra time in the day built in? lol