Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta Z 2013

I wish to thank you all for playing along. We had some awesome photos of top notch hostas. Take photos often as I will be back December 26. By the way: Everyone is enabled to add 10 more hostas to every shopping trip. Spring is around the corner. Paula

You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland. Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island. Explain how the tractor got there?

Four cars come to a four way stop, all coming from a different direction. They can't decide who got there first, so they all go forward at the same time. They do not crash into each other, but all four cars go. How is this possible?

Saved the best for last:

How many hostas will Mocc buy this year?

Comments (16)

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    10 years ago

Zippity Do Dah

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Zounds, planted next to a hydrangea.

• gardens1
    10 years ago

Riddle #1 The water is shallow enough that the tractor was driven from the mainland to the island.

Riddle #2 All cars turn right.

Riddle # 3 Hard to guess when Mocc likely doesn't know the answer herself yet, but here goes. 197.

• hostanista
    10 years ago

Zounds next to....nothing. Now I HAVE to buy a blue Hydrangea. Thanks, Steve.

• MadPlanter1 zone 5
    10 years ago

Huzzzah! Back from a computer crash with a new hard drive and not much else. Wouldn't you know, the external hard drive all the automatic back ups were stored on decided to die at the same time, so all the bookmarks and e-mail addresses are gone. At least the photos, music, and documents were (mostly) also backed up on a second external hard drive. Sometimes it's good to have a belt and suspenders!

Lots of programs to reinstall, and no, I'm not singing Zippity Do Dah.

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

The tractor (obviously, to many of us this winter) drove there over the ice in winter.

We could start a lottery re. mocc's purchases. Pay your dollar, place your bet, winner goes on a shopping spree!!
    Jan

(sorry - no 'Z' hosta!)

• sunnywood4bChazyNY
    10 years ago

ZIPPITY Do DAH second year

• mctavish6
    10 years ago

It's been fun everyone. Let's hope spring is just around the corner.

Zounds in hot sun

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

only one Z in my small collection. By the time I get the Z's I am out of money

Zounds

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jan is correct the tractor drove over the ice, Gardens is correct which all cars turn right. #mocc: the sky is the limit.

• User
    10 years ago

Ummm, Paula, do you want me to share with you the answer to the last question of the alphabet puzzle? I'll TRY to keep track.
    (Toss out immediately any bets below 50.)

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    Original Author
    10 years ago

#mocc keep tract. It will make a great opening for this upcoming season. LOL Toss out anything under 100.

Side note: Russia did a bang up job. The next Olympics will be here in 1.5 hosta growing seasons.

• User
    10 years ago

I shall endeavor to live up to expectations. Always remember that no plant is harmed in this challenge.

Hmmmm, do duplicates count as One Addition. Because I have 8 of Verna Jean on order, already have 2 in the garden. NEW VARIETIES, shall we say.

• serenitycove
    10 years ago

Zounds next to Pulmonaria.....the spotted hosta! My sister who claims to know nothing about plants walked through my garden and said her favorite hosta was the spotted one. LOL.

• Terri9094
    10 years ago

Lol, my daughter & husband like the "spotted hosta" in my garden also! Maybe some day we will actually see a spotted hosta!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Wow, I will gladly pony up 6 bucks for a 'Zippity Doo Da'. Pretty sweet hosta.

Don B.

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012