Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Q 2013

Posted by ilovetogrow 9 Jax Florida (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 5:18

I lost control of my car and crashed into a tree last night.
This morning I went straight to the Bodyshop.
I�m going to need a nice lavender bath after that ordeal.

Quickly show us your Qs!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Q 2013

H. "Queen Josephine"....who took a trip out West for a year, then four years later, made it back home from a road trip. Finally she has attained what I consider a good size! move notwithstanding.

Two pics, one with blossoms...
My priciest hosta - back in the mid-nineties it cost $35! I split the hosta and a co-worker and I split the cost - both happy! :-)

o

With blooms...love the shine on this hosta and the yellow/gold retention of its leaf margins.

o

H. 'Queen of the Seas' ... New for 2013 ... Excited about seeing its pips for the first time! I guess both my "queens" are a little pricey....I remember combing Humber Nurseries high and low to find a bigger plant...till I finally found it - last of the biggies....instant gratification!

She turned "bluer" as the season progressed...I pampered her in the shade:-)

o

Here she is at the bottom of some of my newbies for 2013....a little bluer looking.

o

Queen Of The Seas - very fast new 2012
 photo QUEENOFTHESEAS_zps43d2840e.jpg

o

Queen Josephine got moved last fall, thought she needed more sun.

o

OK, someone crashes into a tree and the posting of favorite hosta doesn't skip a beat. ILTG, I hope you are doing well.

Jon

o

that's Paula's humorous opener, Johnny...isn't it entertaining? Body shop---lavender...cute! God bless you for yours too, Johnny! Rotfl

o

Quesadilla
 photo Quesadilla_zps76eb75a4.jpg

Queen Josephine
 photo QueenJosephine_zpsa49e490e.jpg

Vanessa

o

Queen JOSEPHENE 2nd year

o

Queen of the Seas

o

Queen of the Seas

o

Lovely photos of Queen Josephine! Here's mine. First year, one eye, just unfurled (mid May).

o

Mid June. Growing in a pot. In the upper right corner is Fragrant Blue.

o

Queen of the Seas

Qilting Bee 6-1-13 (124)

o

Quilting Bee is a Russ O'Harra cultivar.

o

Queen Josephine 2nd year. Last year it got almost devastated by voles and only one eye came back. Hopefully this year will be better. Do voles have a preference for any specific hosta type?

o

Vanessa, you always have nice, and unusual, hostas to show us. I enjoy seeing what you have in your 'collection'. You often pull out some nice surprises.

Don B.

o

Thanks, Don. I'm happy to hear that :)

Vanessa

o

Don, want to see more of Vanessa's beauties? hint....hybridizer....hint...Google the hosta cottage..you will be glad you did! :-)

o
hosta Q

Queen Josephine

o

McTavish...gorgeous shape and colour on your QOTS!

o

Quill - new to me this year, and almost lost it to a road crew who yanked our gas line, snapping the line right underneath my hosta bed. Soooo glad I was home sick from work that day and could move them out of the way of the backhoe.

o

Whew Wendy! That was a close one!
Your quill really does look like a quill and has a lovely shade of green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here