Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovetogrow

Hosta T 2012

Trees and plants always look like the people they live with, somehow. ~Zora Neale Hurston

Gardening is not a rational act. ~Margaret Atwood

Tease me with your Ts!

Comments (37)

• Cher
    11 years ago

Tobacco Road new still in pot

Toy Soldier
    Cher

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    11 years ago

Touch of Class

• Steve Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Titanic

Tokudama Flavocircinalis

Touch of Class

H. Thank You

Steve

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

A bit surprised to discover that I only have two "T's".
    'Touch of Class'

and 'Twist of Lime'

• mctavish6
    11 years ago

A great Blue that keeps the color and lives long after others in the fall.

You can kind of see the tiny pink bud poking out and the little bit of pink on the ends of the leaf.

• tepelus
    11 years ago

Teaspoon

Tiny Bubbles

Toy Soldier (leaf detail)

Karen

• north53 Z2b MB
    11 years ago

Love all the lovely shots of Touch of Class and Tokudama Flavocircinalis. I have both and can see why they are so popular.
    Here's my Thunderbolt.

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

THUNDERBOLT

• irawon
    11 years ago

Love everybody's Tokudama Flavocircinalis. Mine is doing fine but is not growing as quickly as it could because I planted it behind a much faster growing hosta (Cutting Edge).

Here's my Touch of Class. Love everybody else's.

TOUCH OF CLASS (year 5) unfurling on May 22, 2012

• irawon
    11 years ago

TOUCH OF CLASS 5 days later

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

I love all the Touch of Class and the Tokudama Flav and have both . A few more pictures of Tatto and Titanic but the pictures were terrible.
    Here I will include a young Tick Tock ( another from McTavish)

• irawon
    11 years ago

I bought Teatime to go with Teaspoon and Tea and Crumpets. My picture taking last year was very sporadic, so have no 2012 pic.

Tepelus, that's a wonderful picture of Teaspoon. I don't remember mine (no pic) being that deeply cupped. Must be more observant next summer.

TEATIME (year one) on May 31, 2011

• irawon
    11 years ago

TICK TOCK (year one) blooming on July 3, 2011. The mound was so dense in 2012 that I removed some leaves to allow rainwater to penetrate to the roots.

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Tattoo - 2nd year, may need more sun to bring out the pattern

Tea and Crumpets - 1st year, has Carnival and Crepe Suzette in its lineage

Tenryu - starting to establish, sort of taco shaped cupping

Thunder Boomer - 2nd year, may have it too much sun to get the blue

Tick Tock - Gold Drop Sport

Tokudama

Tongue Twister - 1st year

Paul

• irawon
    11 years ago

Mctavish, I love your blues. Hope I can find the room for them. Is your Tickle Me Pink beside Luna Moth? I think I have some room beside my LM.

North 53, what kind of exposure does your Thunderbolt have? Mine isn't doing well.

Jan, I'm looking forward to my Twist of Lime being as nice as yours.

Steve, it's good to know there's a hosta named Thank You. I like the way you've nestled it into the rocks. Looks very natural.

• squirejohn zone4 VT
    11 years ago

Tokudama aureonebulosus - firsr year

• irawon
    11 years ago

Squirejohn, that looks like a very robust first year TA. Mine has struggled to increase in size since 2007, so much so that I added a second plant to the clump. Here's hoping 2013 will be more rewarding.

Paul I'll be looking forward to seeing how your Tongue Twister develops. I bought both Tortifrons and Corkscrew but they are not increasing in size very quickly...maybe because I moved them. Lovely colour on your TickTock.

This post was edited by irawon on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 12:21

• north53 Z2b MB
    11 years ago

Irawon,
    My Thunderbolt is in a narrow driveway bed that faces east, but the hosta is in the north corner in the shade of a fence. I doubt it get much sun at all. It has increased slowly.
    Here is a picture from 2011 that shows where it is in the bed. There is a fence running along the length also.

• irawon
    11 years ago

North 53, thanks. I will move my Thunderbolt to the same conditions.

• dg
    11 years ago

Nice Ts everyone! This is my The Razor's Edge, new in September 2012. I'm looking forward to it getting settled and filling in more this year.

Deb

• almosthooked zone5
    11 years ago

Deb I see you have loads more room to make this a hosta heaven

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada
    11 years ago

Twilight in its second year, in a pot, and my shoe.

{{gwi:930168}}

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Twilight

tj

• plantbug
    11 years ago

H TAMBOURINE

H THE KING

H TRANQUILITY

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Tokudama

• hosta_freak
    11 years ago

Don't have a better pic of T-Rex from last year,but you can see my T-Rex in the background behind St Francis. Phil

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Your T-Rex is awesome, Phil. A hosta with leaves that size being held horizontally looks really nice. Do they eventually go floppy under their own weight?

Regards,
    Don B.
    Westminster, CO.

• dg
    11 years ago

Yes, almosthooked, I have loads of room and nice bright shade, but alas, along with that are loads of roots, hence the pots ;-)

Such wonderful photos of great hosta! I enjoy seeing the companion plantings too.

Deb

• hostafreak
    11 years ago

Yeah,Don,eventually,they do sag a little,but it holds like that most of the year. Phil

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Hosta 'T Rex', needs to grow up a lot. Bernd

• in ny zone5
    11 years ago

Hosta 'Titanic'.

• don_in_colorado
    11 years ago

Tokudama close-up.

• User
    11 years ago

Yep, I see the reason I wanted Theo's Blue from Myrle's picture. Then Tick Tock, then all the lovely Tokudama Flavos. I did not notice any Tokudama Aureonebulosas though, and cannot find a single picture of mine since it was dormant when it arrived. My T's submitted for reference:

Teaspoon

Teatime

The Razor's Edge, early on a favorite, outstanding body and shape. First one succumbed to southern blight, so I replaced it late in the season.

The Shining

Tick Tock

Tiny Tears is really tiny, got 2 from different sources and in this bowl they live opposite one another

Tobacco Road....cannot wait for this one to show off!

Tokudama Flavocircinalis

Tortilla Chip is a fragrant hosta, arrived in October from WadeGatton about dormant, but look how it grew as of November

Tot Tot with Munchkin (green form of Masquerade) to left

Totally Twisted...."come on baby, let's do the Twist!"

Touch of Class

Twist of Lime

and that's all, folks.

• paul_in_mn
    11 years ago

Tropical Storm - pic from a couple of years ago, I'll have to check and see if this still is growing. A Rainforest Sunrise sport. Anyone growing this one?

Paul

• mctavish6
    11 years ago

I have it Paul. It's not exactly fast is it?

• Gesila
    11 years ago

Paul, the only hosta I've totally lost so far is Tropical Storm! Rotted during the winter.

Here's my "T" hosta, Tropical Dancer, in it's second year:

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    11 years ago

Touch Of Class

{{gwi:930200}}