Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta X and Y 2012

Posted by ilovetogrow 9 Jax FL (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 5:33

I've noticed something about gardening. You set out to do one thing and pretty soon, you're doing something else, which leads to some other thing, and so on. By the end of the day, you look at the shovel stuck in the half dug rose bed and wonder what on earth you've been doing.
~ by Anne Raver

But though an old man, I am but a young gardener.
~ by Thomas Jefferson

X-cited to see your Xs and Y not show me your Ys!

A new look how exciting. Very clean and modern.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta X and Y 2012

I think it looks great!

Yellow Boa

Earlier in the spring

Yellow Boa 4-29-12 photo YellowBoa4-29-12.jpg

Later in the summer

Yellow Boa 7-15-12 photo YellowBoa7-15-12.jpg

Yellow Boa 7-15-12 photo YellowBoaB7-15-12.jpg

Karen

o

Yesterday's Memories
Hosta 'Yesterday's Memories''

Yellow River
Hosta 'Yellow River'

Paul

o

Paul, how old is your 'Yellow River'? It was just added to my wish list.

Thanks,
Don B.

o

I planted Yankee Blue in the fall so have no pictures but sure looks like it will be a nice one. Pictures of this will be nice to see .

This post was edited by almosthooked on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 20:38

o
RE: Hosta X and Y 2012 - Yellow River

Don - Yellow River pic is from last year, they were planted in 05 and have been up and down in size over the years. Location is a bit shady under the Oaks.

Here they are in 08, at their best.

Paul

o

Xanadu 6-22-12 (104)

Paul, my Yellow River is from 2007. It was planted here and has never been moved (very rare for me). It has been pretty slow but is starting to fill out now. I just figured it was the Montana in it's makeup which usually are slow in my experience.

Yellow River 7-1-12 (251)

o

Hi Paul, I like your Bambi with Yellow River. It brings back fond memories of the half frozen fawn that my Dad brought
home when I was very young.

Here's a pic of my Yellow River, which I planted in 2007. I love the upright habit on June 18, 2012..

o

Yellow River planted in 2010.

o

Myrle , your Yellow River is in the west and in direct sun and it seems to be doing just great with all the west heat of the summer.Would make a good one in some of my over sunny spots too, Very nice looking plant.

o

2 yr old Yin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here