Return to the Hosta Forum

o
New Challenge: It's an About FACE!

Posted by Hostanista 5B (Ont) (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 10:14

Name a hosta and most people on this forum can picture exactly what it looks like.

Name a MEMBER of this forum however and well...... aren't you curious to put a FACE to the NAME?! Let's FACE it, I can't even tell if some of you are boys or girls!

Now that the Hosta Alphabet is over, and before the 2014 Hosta season gets into full swing, how about some FACE-to-FACE time? Take a selfie right now!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Challenge: It's an About FACE!

Sorry, not the greatest pic. I need a haircut.

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 16:38

o

Oh Don... you are beautiful

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 14:22

;-) ;-) ;-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
babka

o

OMG guacDon, you and I are on the same page!!!! This is what I wanted to post!

o

Don, are you single?

LOL!

Deanna

o

is there a lack of sobriety crossing the country???

ken

o

But of course, mon Cherie! ...Hic...hic 'scuse moi

o

....here's the reality. Pleasure to meet you, Hostanista! That is a great picture and a great smile! I pictured someone young and vibrant and here you are!

P.S. I am checking out George's form! Lol

o

When I name a hosta, to look like me it will needs be white leafed and white flowered, and pretty wwwide. hehehehe

Self portrait
IMG_20130824_143647

o

LOL @ Ken...Sober as a judge here...

Hostanista, I think that's a cool idea. I too am curious who is behind the names. I always thought they should have a place in the members page for this type of info. Maybe a pic, sex, age, location or whatever.

old_dirt...aka...Jerry

o

I took selfies most of the morning. Now I have a larger collection of goofy Paula photos. This one is my favorite of me at work taken about 2 years ago.. Have a great day. Paula

o

Ain't skeered! Here is a twofer. Both me,and Ken,taken last year,at Ken's place. Ken is the one in the hat. Sorry,Ken!! Most of you have seen this pic already. Phil

photo DSC_0011_zps28514753.jpg

o

I really don't like picture but I am the old one with my granddaughter in Arizona at Christmas 2013 ( wishing it were hosta time)
Faye

o

• Posted by Ludisia 7a Philadelphia (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 18:01

How delightful to finally put some faces to names ! I will gladly add mine to the roster !

Thank You Nista for starting this, and Thank You to any kind enough to share. I know the internet can be a scary place, but we are all friends here. <3

Ta Dah ! It's Ludi. :)

Just Me

o

One of the last times I was teaching.

o

OMG LUDI! Squealing with delight here! ILYTB one hundred fold! You have no idea how close your face resembles the one I pictured - I am almost teary. Till we "talk" again. :-)

This really is special folks...it's like old home week and we are gathering our fold...sorry, I'm getting very sappy here.

Great pics of great peeps...pleeeeaaase keep them coming.

o

Guac Don , We know you're much better looking than the ringer you sent in. Saw the pic you sent in when you got your new fish tank and had the cast on your foot. When was that.? Been scrolling past threads back to #20 and can't find it. Show us again the handsome "real you"!!!

o

Here I am:
 photo Vanessa_zps6eadd0a6.jpg

Vanessa

o

Well, hello everyone! This one is pretty recent (last spring) enjoying the day with Cujo.

Don B.

o

A decade ago with DW...sigh...My naive existance, before I knew what a hosta was...

Don B.

o

Very few photos exist of me, well not many that I would share with the world lol. This is a few years ago and the beard is a bit longer now, it was during the renovations.

photo 13DenisatBackDoorofCarranHillCottage_zps14ea2342.jpg

o

With my best friend,wife and chief weed puller .Picture taken a few years ago in Colorado.
Bill

o

Well now, isn't this FUN?!

I thought I should post a better picture of me - one that is more in keeping with a garden forum, so I "DUG" through some pics and came up with one from a few years back: the Spring clean-up! I love getting this dirty in the garden!

o

This is my first time posting in this section (at least I think it is) so here we go. My name is Ashlie, I'm 33, a novice gardener, and I live in Europe (zone 8) I hope I can learn a lot from all of you.

o

Oh, I'll bite. Me and a 25 inch walleye. I'm the one with the hat.

photo DSC_0450.jpg

tj

o

I'm over here!
 photo _DSC0638_zps2a1547b9.jpg
This was my attempt at photo bombing a waterfall. I mean I couldn't get behind it, so might as well jump into the frame.

o

Taken in 2010 on a carp fishing holiday in France. Apologies for the glazed look on my face, this one got me up at 2am and did several laps of the lake before submitting to having it's picture taken!
A good thread this one and nice to be able to put some faces to the names.
Dave

o

Welcome, Ashlie...TJ and Dave, nice catches, fellas!

Don B.

o

This is me, ...V is for Vegan !
The simple fact of excluding meat and animal derivatives from my life, fills me with a sense of infinite satisfaction.

o

OK, I'll play. This is me, with a little hitchhiker! Had to add the background cause it kept supersizing and blurring the image! Behave!

o

My one and hopefully only 'selfie' trying out my new 'smart' phone. Parental discretion advised.

Jon

photo IMG_20140123_152604_654_zps214aaaed.jpg

o

Maybe i should have combed my hair or something....naw.....

o

I love the anti-gravity look.

Steve

o

Last summer, before I knew there were more than 10 hostas.
Kathy

o

• Posted by luuk 9b (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 10:52

funnthsun, your puppy is really cute !

o

What fun to see all these pictures. We are an attractive, varied and wonderful group. Everyone looks friendly and earthy. Some look as I expected, Ken and Phil because I already knew what they looked like. I expected Steve to be smart and it looks like he is. Hostanista I love the one of you in your garden. Paula, what is that interesting machine you are standing in front of? Mountain Man could be a poster child for a 'Mountain Man'. I have to say Faye's is misleading. The idea of her resting makes me laugh. She's on the go all the time. On the other hand I take the afternoon off during the summer and lounge by the pool with a book (2nd picture). Since I'm always at the other end of the camera there are mercifully few pictures of me. The first picture was taken at a wedding this summer with my grandson.

I have to say my biggest surprise so far is Ludi-Ludisia. I thought the name went with a middle aged woman not a handsome young man!

McTavish

McTavish 2

PS - Don's first picture what hilarious. I was prepared to post a picture of Tina Turner for mine. Unfortunately there's not much similarity.
Myrle

o

On a Garden Tour with camera of course..
House 2 with huge Stone and Water features photo DSCN0722.jpg

Paul

o

I just realized I have very few photos of myself since I'm usually the one doing the picture taking! Here's one of me and my sister hiking up Mount Monadnock a couple of years ago. I'm the one on the right.

photo DSCI0203.jpg

Sheila

o

here is one you have to guess who this is

o

another to guess from the 80's

o

Thanks, luuk. We raise labradoodles, so every pic that I have of me usually has a canine in it as well! :)

o

• Posted by Dgregory 6A - So.Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 16:28

I've enjoyed all of your pics, so I suppose I'll post one of me. Same as a lot of you, I'm usually the one behind the camera.

Peeps in this photo are my Mom & my sister (with me in the middle). Evidently, it was a very windy Mother's Day.

Deb

o

Yes Hostanista this is fun. Thought I'd follow your lead and post a pic in my garden elements. Taken a couple lbs...er...years back working my compost pile.

old_dirt

o

O.K. here you go, this is a rarity, I don't even post my picture on FB.

Me and the boy having breakfast for dinner!

photo IMG_20140219_170953_826_zps13a2f651.jpg

o

This would be the first "selfie" I've ever taken. I hope it to be my last...I just noticed I have no chin...

o

Must be those selfie things milkgag, it put wrinkles all over my face?!?

o

And here's yours truly, I work @ YVR (Vancouver Airport) and this is me and mini-me, courtesy of a balloon artiste.... I'm the one with the hair...

Pieter

This post was edited by pietertje on Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 1:09

o

I'm on the left checking out ordinance for vole control!

o

• Posted by Babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 13:06

My grandkids call me....Babka.

photo IMG_2334_zps375d0623.jpg

o

Squirejohn ,where is that picture taken? It looks like the gunboat Philadelphia on Lake Champlain .

o

Mocc, I never pictured you with an eyebrow ring, LOL!!!

Myrle, you are EXACTLY how my brain pictured you...I always wait with anticipation to see your pics...now I know what a real artist looks like :)

Wouldn't it be funny if someone was like, Oh, I know them! I've known them for years and had no idea it was the same person that's on this forum! That would be priceless.

o

• Posted by stoc none (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 16:28

I thought all I had were nude photos,but found this.Me on the ferry boat.

o

Thank God for ferry boats.

o

I hate my selfies. I can be found on here.

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture

o

Cool, Sandy! : )

Don B.

o

Pieter, I feel like I've known you for many years. There's just something about you that seems so...familiar.

Don B.

P.S. I'm sure my 'wit' is very original, Pieter; Like you've never heard this one before, right? ; )

o

Sandy, I so enjoyed reading your column! My impulse was to copy it and insert it here immediately, but I suspect that like myself, everyone will read it for themselves.

Having said that, one of the parts I especially related to ...."We’ve seen gardening change over the years, too, with pesticides being banned left and right as we learn more about the cumulative effects of chemicals on our planet and on the lives with which we must co-exist, that make our own continuance on Earth possible."

Great article ... and it's so nice to meet you, Sandy! :-)
Jo

o

sunnywood - You're right. The photo was taken a couple of years ago at the LC Maritime Museum.

John

o

Great to see all of you! I notice some of you are as old as me,and maybe some are older? Anyway,we all enjoy gardening with hostas,and that's what we look at. Babka,nice to se your face! Phil

o

Here I am. So nice to "see" you.

o

All I have to say is we have a bunch of HOT Hosta Hotties!!! Kathy you are a bright spot in a dull day! Hostanista you make my heart Palpate like a puppy in tall grass! I thought this forum was a non-smoking site until I seen Vanessa and you are ON FIRE SMOKING HOT!!! And for the rest of our Hosta Hotties you are all Prettier than Ken's hosta gardens in full bloom!
Love you all,
Hosta-see

o

If you click on "Lifestyles" section of the online Joplin Globe, you'll find the rest of my columns up to date if you care to read them. It runs every week in the Sunday edition.

Or you can find them on my blog too, except that first one.
Thanks for the kind words and glad to meet you all, too!

Sandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Welcome to Chaos

o

I thoroughly enjoyed your Chaos, thank you! Outstanding shots of the eagle!

o

I had a loss of my photos, if you recall the external harddrive self destructed. So I hacked into my DH's computer to get a couple of real nice photos. I'd forgotten that I'd loaded some for his screensaver slideshow. I think both pictures were edited with Virtual Painter V software, because I like how it turned bad pics into pretty paintings.

This changed the color somewhat, because that is a white turtleneck, and my hair is white as well. Then, DH is shown in all his glory working in the garden with a waterhose. Now do you understand why I simply MUST have an OUTDOOR SHOWER?

o

Oops, just realized I could only post one at a time.
That one of DH was taken two days before our wedding in July 2006. Just 50 years after we first got engaged.
I must tell you that "he cleans up nice."

Now here is mine, with my African grey Kimali who will be 15 on March 18.

o

Like many of you I am rarely photographed - but this is me squinting into the sun at the Grand Canyon last March, and wearing winter gear to combat the cold. The stress of a fabulous vacation caused the wrinkles!
Jan

photo 7Iwastheretoo_zps96d1355a.jpg

o

What a joyful bunch of folks we have on the forum! Like some, I have no picture up for social media sites...unless you count Cookie Monster!

Pleased to meet you all.

This photo from my private collection shows me as a biker chick a few years back....I'm on the left.

o

OK, an oldie which shows the mustache I had for 30+ years until it got mottled grey (as did the rest of my hair).

photo Jonmustache_zpsbc4a69e4.jpg

No, I'm not an illegal alien.

This post was edited by jonnyb023 on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 13:41

o

Ah Jon! Hello there; I didn't recognize you at first without a pair of large constrictors wrapped around you!

That WAS you, if I remember correctly?

Cheers,
Don B.

o

Bali photo n1335904555_30294423_13763081.jpg

That was me. I had a layover between Indonesia and Taiwan for 3 1/2 days so I hopped over to Bali (Indonesia too, but very different from Java).. The greatest side trip I ever took and..........

photo img009_zps15f51533.jpg

.......in front of the Forbidden City in Beijing and....

photo img008_zpsd2ab5543.jpg

.....climbing the Great Wall at Bataling...Chairman Mao said 'You are not a true hero until you climb the Great Wall at Bataling.' I showed him. Wide enough for 4 horses. This is the steep side which only foreigners climb. There is a 'gentler' side which my Chinese friend told me the Chinese climb and visiting politicians. Many people climbing are very old and I was told many die of heart attacks each year fulfilling their lifelong dreams. Judging by a few of the people on the way up, I believe it. Well, if you have to go it would be nice doing something you dreamed of.

Jon

This post was edited by jonnyb023 on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 20:49

o

Great to "see" everyone here. People from all walks of life and parts of the world. We've got cat people, fisher people, a snake lover, bird trainer and maybe even a few norms. All with one thing in common, a love of gardening and hostas. I think pretty exciting and cool.

I think many of us may have other things in common as well. I've got to tell moccassinlanding that I was also a stoned head once, been a biker most of my life, even owned a couple birds over the years. I also lived in Alabama for a couple years. Still love my motorcycle and try to balance it with my gardening, it's tough as both are prime at the same time of year.

Thanks Hostanista for starting this and thanks everyone for showing up.

o

Ditto to that, Jerry. What a great thread, and also thanks to Hostanista for the idea.

Nice group shot, Mocc. You and the girls remind me of 'Charlie's Angels'! LOL

Don B.

o

Hello Hosta friends! It is great to meet you all, almost in person.

o

What fun seeing everybody. Ludi and hippieindenial surprised me- I had mentally assigned the wrong sex to them!

Like Mocc, we had a hard drive die, but I was lucky enough to have most of the photos backed up. It's just been taking me a long time to get things re-installed - no time to have fun on line. Here's the family picture for next year's Christmas card - DH, the twins, and me.

o

Old Dirt, I can see you riding home on your Hog with Empress Wu perched on the buddy seat. Somebody PHOTOSHOP THAT!

And JonnyB, I always have thought you were Ian Fleming, creator of J.Bond and Britain's top Walter Middy impersonator. You got the style, bud.

DonB, thank you for the Charlie's Angels ref (guess I put Pharoah's Fawcett on my list now)....I was twice the age of those young ladies, nurses they were, a good thing in case I should be overwhelmed by activities over-the-top for a staid librarian. In this life to be happy you live up to your own expectations, not those other folks have for you. Am I right?

Tomorrow is Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday, before Ash Wednesday. A good day for mingling with a few thousand friends in the heart of downtown Mobile, even though it will be slightly wet no damper on cheerful camaraderie. I think you guys would enjoy the occasion. It terminates two weeks of parades and formal balls, and motor homes parked like cordwood beneath the Interstate overpasses....

Now who next to join the FACE challenge?

o

Ah, Moc, if you can't have a little fun going through life what is the sense of it.

o

Hello everyone, I just want to say I'm really enjoying this post! Its neat to see the individuals the names go with and I would encourage others to participate. To share a little about myself, I am married to Renae who is a great gal and we have two adult children that we are very proud of. I say Renae is great because she has allowed me to grow my habit to over 500 hosta and continues to support me even after I say I'm not going to buy any more and then she receives the credit card bill with more hosta purchases! I enjoy you all!
God Bless! Gary W.
 photo 246BA986-9D35-4914-A800-B2E8E4452658.jpg

o

Gary W - is that HOSTA WALLPAPER behind you???!!!

o

OMG

o

Wallpaper that would be cool, but no It's framed poster pics.A great way to get your Hosta fix all year round!
 photo 72E4CA03-51C5-49BA-AE10-70F7C883B3E4.jpg

o

Where to purchase HOSTA wallpaper and fabric! (Cushions for the patio furniture anyone??)

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.spoonflower.com/tags/hosta

o

I hate selfies but here goes....

o

Like many of you, I'm usually behind the camera, not in front of it, but I did find this shot from last summer.

o

We'll try that once more.

o

Hostaholic2...I'm jealous. Alaska?

o

Hey Mocc,
Mardi Gras is March 4th this year. Even in Mobile! You still have time to get a good costume together. I'm heading to New Orleans tomorrow.
Kathy

o

ZKathy, thanks for letting me know!!! I went to the bank driveup and they were closed, so thought it must be today....anyway, I was working in the hosta garden most of the day, really very springlike. Now my muskles need some spinach, they are so tired.

Gee, the neighbors next door were all partying...hmmmm.

o

johnnyb, Vancouver, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park.

o

*programming facial recognition into drones*

check√

o

Dave, does that programming accommodate photos of its programmer?

o

Whoa, Dave's awake!

Don B.

o

This is great news...hibernation over, so it really must be spring just around the corner...although you wouldn't think so here...more snow and cold, cold, cold. hey, Dave...come on down....to the price is right! LOL

o

Dave,
No ones going to off us for growing hostas, just sell us stuff. Some facial recognition program will eventually make a list of who the hosta wackos are and our mailboxes will fill up with offers for voleblock and deer repellant.

Scott McNealy, former CEO of Sun Microsystems said, "You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it."

Nonetheless I am a privacy freak, but I doubt it does any good.
Kathy

o

You are correct, Kathy (as was Scott McNealy). Besides, our driver's licenses provide much better pix for the drones...though usually much less flattering. ;-)

tj

o

Ha ha, the drones will get George Clooney first, giving me time to escape. Ha ha ha!

Don B.

o

One of my favorite expressions (and I have quite a few) is:

JUST BECAUSE I'M PARANOID DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE NOT OUT TO GET ME.

Truly you are right. It is like a colony of ants living in an aquarium ant farm kept by some kid doing a science project. In China they are designing whole cities shaped like rhinos or dragons, etc, and who cares about NAMES....they know where you live, and that's good enough an identification. We are all coordinates on a map.

Like Google Earth can have us zoom in closer and closer on map details, "they" can zoom in on people, activities. I don't know if individuals at a Super Bowl could be identified without being tracked there, but it would be an interesting experiment. An invisibility shield up to keep the drone out of view...or maybe the camera and transmitter inside the blimp circling the stadium, or on the cell towers located in the city....it just really makes me think twice when Sears or JCP knows my exact location when I am on the road between two stores and they tell me how many miles to each one. Freaky!

Like Pogo Possum said, "We have met the enemy, and it is us." I'd capitalize that "us" only some might think I meant "USA."

Do you ever get the feeling we are not in Kansas anymore?
:) So far newborns are not outfitted with microchips at birth, so I guess that is a plus. Some really interesting novels written on utopias and dystopias.

o

Mocc, have you seen 'Minority Report'? I highly recommend it. Very entertaining, and a rather thought-provoking flick. In my personal opinion.

Don B.

o

Here is me last August, Bernd.

o

Here's looking at you, kids...

o

I'm back! Sorry for the Houdini act! photo 817A13A0-726D-480E-B7A5-0D2E8E3F7753.jpg
Gary

o

One of the very few decent pictures of littlebug5. At DS's wedding.

o

From last week at North Capltiva, Florida. As Minnesotans, of course we get away for a while in the winter, especially this winter. The hosta seedlings did just fine without us.

o

Photo just taken yesterday at the Rialto Theatre in Joliet, IL. It is a pleasure to meet you all!

o

• Posted by gnancy 6 maybe a maybe b (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 21:47

I've never been here before but was intrigued by the subject so I had to take a look. You all sound/look so nice, I'll have to come back. When I moved in to my house, the people before me had planted a border of hosta near the front walk and a bunch in the back side yard. I don't know much about hosta except there's about a million kinds. Just for the hosta it, I'll add my pic, too. I hope you don't mind.
 photo 41cd4635-0771-40c6-8c02-fa88b8b2c6aa_zps047605d4.jpg (I'm the one with the glasses.)

o

MJJones, they sure knew how to make theatres in the old days, and that one in Joliet is a beaut! Impressive.

And GNancy, glad you dropped in for the fun and hope you stay for the hosta....not long now before the rest of the forum wakes up with the first pipping of the spring hosta....Well, some may be sooner/later than others, but fun nonetheless. What did you name your cat, Target? :)

o

Cute kitty, Gnancy! I am curious as to what types of hosta you have. I think you would have fun here, trying to identify your plants, if you are interested....we could certainly help you with that. You probably already know what some of their names are if you looked at our pics?

In any event, I hope you stay and join us. You don't have to be a hostaholic but you MAY become one. Lol

Jo

o

Hey, Luuk

I see your photo and your happy vegan smile in my minds eye everytime I see your name..

bk

o

Enjoying the great weather:

photo DSC_00012_zps46ca4b80.jpg

o

Hi bkay2000, your message made me very glad !
to me seems a silly face photo ...but life isn't complete without one ! hehe
Hope to see your photo.

o

Harryshoe, love the photo. You must be an optimist!

o

Way to go Harryshoe! Nice surroundings, anytime of the year.

It really has been fun meeting so many of you hosta lovers/gardeners so far.

o

Harry it has just come to me that the use of a cooler is not necessary. Just toss the brew on the snow! Thank you for buying in glass. The machine I am in front of is a bottle manufacturing machine. I make 2.5 million bottles a day.

Great faces everyone. I am enjoying this very much. Some are a surprise and others I feel I knew that was what you looked like. Keep 'em coming. There are a few out there we have not seen yet still. Paula

o

Paula, you say 2.5 mil/day? Whoa! That's amazing!
When I have the occasional cold brew on a hot summer day, nothing beats a bottled one. Some things in life are sweeter (and safer) when they remain the same...like bottled drinks!

Oooo huh, pretty soon I'm going to get my On Stage, Paula! You bet I'll post it! You bet it won't be alone! Lol

o

There are few days so inclement as to dissuade one from a relaxing moment in the garden.

o

How did I miss this thread? Winter dormancy, I guess. How fun to see all of you! Here's me with one of my three slug-hunters.

o

Cool, nice to "see" ya Jadie. Must be nice to have all that help in the garden.

I was hoping someone would bump this thread up now that the growing season is here and so many more people are participating. Hope many more follow suit.

o

What a great thread! I loved all the pictures. Thanks everyone for sharing. Ludi was the big surprise for me!

Here's my first selfie! I'm on the left with my oldest daughter on the right taken Christmas 2013.

Gesila

o

Jadie, love your slug-hunting little man! It's so nice to meet you. Your mega-watt smile matches your posts! Great picture. :-)

Great to meet you, too! It's nice to see this thread active again. Come on new folks, join in the fun and introduce yourselves, don't be bashful!

Jo

o

I saw this jacket on the rack at JC Penny's last year and just couldn't resist trying it on. I'm not usually this stylish. :)

o

Great to see new and YOUNG faces on here. That means the future of hosta is alive and well and living all over the place. Maybe when I take a break from shooting hosta pictures, I can focus on a selfie that is not of my white clogs (I have 3 pair of them which I wash regularly, BTW).

I'm told that the Civil War photographer Matthew Brady put a pair of shoes in the foreground of his photos for scale, and as an ID.....so if you see clogs, I'm pulling a Brady on you. :)

o

I'm not usually one for selfies either. I had to get this one from hubby's phone.

So what you get here is a pic of me and my big explanation for suddenly going MIA from the hosta forum last year.

Our family of 3 became a family of 4 last August thru adoption. We had been waiting over 2 years when we finally connected with a birthmom who chose us to parent her baby. So, last summer was filled with fewer shovels and lots of trips to the doc with birthmom.

I'm the one on the right and our 8 month old daughter is on the left.

o

Oh, congratulations, Melissa! She is beautiful, and so are you. What a way to make this world a better place.

o

This is fun to see everyone's faces. Here is a picture of me with my little buddy Kai.

Linda

o

When I was saying hi to Jadie the second welcome was to Gesila but I have no idea where the name went!

Melissa, congratulations! A match made in heaven! She will easily pass as a mini-me IMO starting with the eyes. What an adorable future hosta-lover, right? I am thrilled for you, Mom. Can't help but quote Jadie: "What a way to make this world a better place".

Santa, I thought you were a female! Sorry, lol. :-). They should hire you to model that jacket! You carry it off well!

Linda, that's a great pic with a beautiful background.

Hostanista did a wonderful thing when starting this thread. :-)

o

lol There are plenty of folks here that I wondered male/female.

I actually went back later to see if that jacket was still there but it was gone. Yes, someone actually bought that Herb Tarlek wannabe thing! :)

o

Ha ha ha ha ha 'Herb Tarleck'! Great reference!

Don B.

o

Melissa she is a cherub! What a blessing to your family.

One of my new hosta is appropriately named
Little Wonder....
See in the middle front row
DSCN9831 (2)

o

I wasn't visiting the forum much when this thread started...but here I am at Christmas with my daughter Veronica. Great thread, nice to see how GREAT we all look!

o

Great idea I love putting a face to the names

o

LOL he's a cute little guy, Jadie! Looks like he's inherited your great smile; Once he gets his big-boy teeth, it'll be a ringer!

Don B.

o

Beautiful babies, all of you. So happy to hear that your quest was successful, Melissa. She has your eyes.

bk

o

Hi, Hillbillyhosta. Anybody ever tell you ya kinda look like that guy in '300'?

"My favorite hosta...THIS...IS...SPARTACUS!" LOL

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Fri, May 2, 14 at 1:24

o

Don b . No not been told that before but thanks .

o

Here I am, giving my youngest child a love hug. I do believe there was alcohol involved on that New Years Eve due to the extreme smile on my face.
Cheryl

o

I thought the same thing to Hillbilly.

o

I don't know how I missed this! Love seeing all of you. This is me and Lucky. I'm the blonde:). Sorry if it's sideways. It's an iPad selfie.

o

I thought I'd join all you glamorous folks and add my photo which was taken today.

Don - I knew you would be tall - dark and handsome!

Ludi - You are the shocker. Everyone thought that you were a lot older - like me...HA HA!

1995 - Always a flower girl

photo me_zpsb34102da.jpg

DD

This post was edited by DelawareDonna on Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 13:10

o

How fun :) I have enjoyed looking at all of the faces behind the names! This is a pic from last October - the day we adopted our new kittens from a rescue in Philadelphia. We drove all the way from NC to get them. I'm the one with the glasses, and pictures with me is Stevie. We also adopted his sister, Helen. They are 10 months old today!

o

• Posted by mbug 6 NJ (My Page) on
    Tue, May 6, 14 at 22:00

Missed this one too
Visiting the Shire

photo 3f514e00-1311-4f0a-8f1e-14d3020e5f45.jpg

o

Hi mbug; Great pic. Where is that?

Don B.

o

What a great thread! I found the last pic of me that was taken, and it was taken on Christmas Day, that is my daughter beside me.
 photo TessaPaula.jpg

o

And just so my son (who is really still a little boy) doesn't feel left out :)
 photo DrewPaula.jpg

o

Don
That was at taken at Paxon Hill Farm in New Hope PA.
Great nursery...terrific selection of perennials
and wonderful theme gardens.
The shire and "Hobbit House was just completed

o

The only shock for me was hippieindenial. I really expected someone older with that screen name. She's just a youngster!

bk

o

*bump* for this big 'ol thread...

o

Loved looking through this and putting faces to the screen names. Its nice to read a post and know a bit more about the person on the other end. I did notice one pic was missing, unless I overlooked it. Ken where is yours?Would love to put a face to the man behind the quirky style of writing and sarcastic humor. However I do understand not wanting to post one. I'm not a pic person, actually ban them when family is taking photos. Taken at the start of summer by my 8yro with the ipad.

o

13th post down, there's a pic of our hostabuddies Phil and Ken. He looks like a nice fellow...

Don B.

o

What a great idea. I feel like I'm on a hosta dating website! I'm actually awaiting the arrival of a hosta order but I think Dorothy Benedict stood me up. Story of my life :) I realize I'm making a fatal error posting right below bungalow monkeys. She's gorgeous and I look like some one on the most wanted list. It is nice putting some faces to names. I had no idea Don was George Clooney. This is the internet and everything posted on it is true. I'm a French model. Bonjour everyone ;)

o

Here I thought Mbug was a woman all this time - lol.

Mac - Silly guy! I saw your commercial - lol

DD

o

I'm a newbie that just loved the warm welcome, fantastic Hosta pictures, and what I am learning from all of you. I'm the guy in the pic giving a tour of our manufacturing plant to a U.S. Congressmen (or woman if you prefer). I'd rather do some pics in front of my Hosta but they are not ready for prime time yet since they have only been in the ground 10 days. Plus let's be real, I wanted to go with the one that makes me look like Brad Pitt :(
or as my wife says, Brad S....

John

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here