Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tell me about Mango Tango and Stitch in Time

Posted by hostahosta Z6 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 10:59

I've been looking at my books, mags, and online and dreaming of spring. Mango Tango and the reverse Stitch in Time have caught my eye. What can you tell me about them? Pics would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tell me about Mango Tango and Stitch in Time

Hi hostahosta. I have both of the plants and only recommend Mango Tango.I have had it in my garden for a few years and looks good and grows well.
Mango Tango is a sport of Dance With Me. Stitch in Time is a sport of Summer Breeze.
Stitch in Time is expensive and tends to grow smaller rather than larger.It is a collector's plant and can be finicky.I have heard more failure stories on it rather than success stories. So if you want to try it do not have high expectations.
Here is a pic of Mango Tango.Probably the 2nd year in my garden. Hope this helps. Phil

Mango Tango photo HostaMNOPQ001.jpg

o

• Posted by babka 9b NorCal (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 13:47

My Mango Tango (purchased in 2011 with 2 eyes) came up in 2012 with 4 eyes. Good grower.

Stitch in Time, arrived in 2008, with two divisions. One division un-stitched itself, going to all gold, and then dying. The other is trying very hard. Still only one eye but getting larger. Finicky.

-Babka

Mango Tango photo MangoTangoMay2012_zps322cfbb0.jpg

Stitch in Time photo StitchInTime5-22-12_zpsba1dd3eb.jpg

o

My experience is the same. Stitch in Time dwindled and disappeared. Mango Tango is holding on but my 3 year old plant is about half the size of Phils.

o

I only have Stitch In Time, came late last year. I think I learned my lesson on that one. It started small and became smaller. If it comes up this year, fine.....if not, it will not be replaced. I could have saved my money for a few different fragrant hosta, to arrive big and happy to be in a warm climate!

Life is too short to coddle a reluctant hosta....no matter how pretty or how much potential it has.

o

Stick with Mango Tango. Stitch in time was a waste. Most expensive hosta I purchased and will never do that again. A dud!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here