Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostanista

Hosta Butts (I'm being cheeky!)

hostanista
10 years ago

I wonder if this would work well with hostas? All the same variety or different ones?

Comments (15)

• michael1846
    10 years ago

The only way to find out is to try :)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    10 years ago

Likely Hosta 'Denim Jacket' would go best...;-)

tj

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

I would think hosta Designer Genes, maybe alternate Denim Jacket with Designer Genes.

Great fun.
    Beverly

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

quite interesting..

for about 12 seconds..

and then really stupid... it actually gave me a mini stroke...

what a waste of time.. effort.. and blue jeans.. crikey ... where the tylenol ...

ken

ps: if any of us did it.. brilliant ... lol ..

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Really fun and clever use for old worn-out jeans. And a great way to get to know the neighbours as they walk past - I'm sure everyone would stop!
    Jan

• donrawson
    10 years ago

Maybe try it hosta Baggy Pants, Bell Bottom Blues, Bossy Pants, Dress Blues, Knickerbocker, Lakeside Blue Jeans, Lakeside Fancy Pants, Lederhosen, Mr Green Jeans, Rosedale Mr. Blue Jeans, and Rosedale Mr. Green Jeans.

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

I had to stop back to read the other ideas (or cheeky retorts.) I think one could use this idea on a boring chain link fence.

• hostanista
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OMG don_r you sure did your research on those names! And I thought I had a lot of extra time on my hands!

Went looking for other interesting "pots" on the internet - sure are a lot of creative people out there!

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    10 years ago

A new pair of Jeans cost over $50. There's more tied up in that arrangement than I'll likely spend on hosta for the rest of my gardening career.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

Really fun and clever use for old worn-out jeans.

==>> really jan ...

those jeans are better than my GOOD jeans..

let alone my garden jeans...

lol

and do note.. i presume the plants are potted.. or else.. the draining peat based media.. would make them all looks like they had diarrhea stains .. and that sure would be precious... read that.. hilarious....

ken

• almosthooked zone5
    10 years ago

Used Jeans are cheaper than flower pots if you go to the thrift shops so 6.99 is not too bad and if you are a senior go on Tuesdays and get a discount. Fun for a chuckle

• donrawson
    10 years ago

Hostanista, I just looked through the list of hostas for a Garment Garden.

Ken, you'd "wet your pants" if those things weren't potted up....much better to "wet your plants"!

• josephines167 z5 ON Canada
    10 years ago

...following Don-R's idea, would pink be Double D Cup? lol
    I think the planted heads are clever - check out herself,...the diva with the "crown".

Entertaining! Fun thread, Hostanista.

• old_dirt 6a
    10 years ago

I've always enjoyed finding different items to use as planters, kind of whimsical but never used them for hostas. Mostly I've used them for annuals and everything from antique oak buckets to tin cans. Recently I did plant a few hostas in hollowed out stumps. I think I will pursue more of that next year.

This pic shows a couple items, the bucket on the water pump and the old motorcycle helmet. In the back are a few hollow stumps that I transplanted a couple hosta volunteers last year. I wish I had more pictures of some of my "junk" containers.

I'm also with Ken, those jeans look better than my everyday ones.

• User
    10 years ago

That bra pot would be great for Stuart Asch's Double D Cup, wouldn't it..... and for the genes, how about Jim Hartmann's Derriere?... the hosta, that is.

I really like the head pot with the green bushy hair...in fact I have the same plant (needing to be repotted) AND an empty head pot which I now realize will be perfect together. Here is my pot, not being well presented in this shot.