Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Santa/Elf

Posted by teresa_mn Zone 4 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 15:24

How many of you remember the hosta santa/elf? Gosh - that goes back a few years...... at least 6 years. I mailed seeds to a number of people...... I am wondering if any of those seeds grew into something you still have in your garden.

Here is a picture of something I received from a hosta elf named caliloo.

I think the funniest thing sent in the Hosta Santa mailings was a Pez dispenser that looked like an evil elf! Andrea/Ken - remember that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Santa/Elf

What are those, future 'Popcorn' seedlings?

I know, it's a pretty corny joke.

Don B.

o

i dont remember ...

welcome back BTW ...

i didnt play the secret santa stuff ...so i didnt pay any attention ...

purple verticated elf [whatever, i aint looking it up] ... is still struggling as 'a' division .. and i wonder if it will come back this year after the heat and drought last year ... thanks for sending me YOUR problem plant.. lol .. but dont hold your breath that you will ever get a piece back.. lol ... unless you want it all back ... its a real PIA ...

have not seen much of the bald fuzzy headed kid around here .. she lost interest after her garden was decimated by something or another .. in fact .... i think it was more like.. one thing 'after' another ..... hopefully she will come back ..

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: well this might get her back.. lol .. carribean veggie stew.. whats that all bout..

o

Ken, are you talking about the lady who did the Hosta Forum FAQs?

o

yeah.. she came onto GW when my kids were babes.. and the only show i would NOT allow them to watch was that crybaby afraid of his own shadow.. whiny piece of carp kid .... calliou ..

her name is a african/Caribbean stew [my word].. but i used to bug her by calling her the bald headed kid ... lol ..

and i am doing it here.. to try to lure her back to defend her culinary namesake.. lol ...

as to the FAQ.. she would just copy/paste parts of posts ... on things that seemed to be repeated over.. and over ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here