Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suneee

shade garden website

stoc zone 6 sweden
10 years ago

I was looking for inspiration and found this great site.If you go to photos and punch in shade gardens you will be rewarded with very inspiring photos.Lots of hostas in there of course.
You do have to sign up but it's worth it for garden dreaming in February.

Here is a link that might be useful: houzz

Comments (10)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

why couldnt you link us direct???

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Here you are Ken. Hope it works! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: For you ken

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Ken,when I signed out this is what kept coming up.
    That stupid sign up window got irritating after a while so I gave in..

• User
    10 years ago

Actually, Houzz is more than a shade garden site. I use my account to organize remodel ideas. Same goes for Pinterest, where you key in terms like HOSTA to locate clippings from numerous sites including Flickr, that other folks admire. Won't link to it, do not wish to be disciplined here.

• JANE100
    10 years ago

Stoc, how did you ever find this site? I'm going cross-eyed just looking at all these gardens. And I'm only on pg. 80. 166,825 gardens???? I've gotten so many ideas that I don't think I'll live long enough to implement them all. I've already changed my garden designs about 25 times today.. Wish I had the yards on both sides of me to use . Have to stop now. Eyes are blurry. Going to stop at the thrift store and see if some things I saw last week are still there. I'll be stopping at a lot of garage sales and flea markets this spring too. Thanks for enabling us for other stuff to enhance our Hostas!!!!

• stoc zone 6 sweden
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jane,Same thing happened to me.There are some really beautiful gardens in there. I was bored and just googled shade gardens.

Mocc, I guess I did something wrong with posting the link.Hope I don't get spanked!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

James, thanks for the tip. What a great site. My eyes are still spinning from all the great images. I remember, maybe a year ago, a Hosta Forum member (can't remember who it was) posted a link to a site named Dave's Garden. GW blocked it, and they got a warning to never do it again, with consequences including losing their GW account. Wow, touchy! I guess you'll find out which are the wrong links to post when GW sends you a warning about it! : P

Cheers,
    Don B.

• User
    10 years ago

Don is right, because it happened to me, years ago now, not last year...did not know about the one Don mentions. However, in the present tense, no one here is promoting the site, just responding to a bonafide on-topic legitimate thread. The site has many articles written by professionals, in our case landscape designers or landscape architects, or plantsmen/women, discussing the use of hosta in the garden. In this case GWeb would be the middleman between the information and its potential audience.

Don't know if it steps on any toes or not, but it seems innocuous enough to me.

This post was edited by moccasinlanding on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 21:51

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

OMG, what a great site!!So many ideas. I finally had to make myself turn it off and go to bed! But I put it on my favotites and I'll be back!!!

• funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
    10 years ago

Love the Houzz website, it is definitely a go to for me! Not just for gardens, either. When we were remodeling the exterior of our home last year, I spent hours and hours for days going through all of their remodel pics and finally ended up finding our exterior colors on that site. I love that you can ask the people that posted the original pics questions like what paint color, etc. and they will tell you. Very handy and you can get lost for days in all the pics!