Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rabbit!

Posted by Hostanista 5B (Ont) (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 16:06

A sure sign of Spring - I saw a rabbit in the back yard today!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rabbit!

Looks like time for the professionals. That is real cute. Something I cannot do here.

o

We get snow, but rarely enough to build a snowman (once every 5 or 10 years). They accidentally sent some brick forms for making snow bricks to the local Walmart. They couldn't even sell them for 10 cents each. I suppose they threw them away.

Great rabbit.

bk

o

Cool snow bunny. I wish I could say seeing rabbits is a sign of spring; I see them commonly year-round here! I'm fortunate that they haven't eaten any hosta leaves/pips of mine, at least not yet. Our outside cat will eat them if he can catch 'em, though. He's a good deterrent.

Don B.

o

There were rabbit tracks in the snow everywhere a couple of weeks ago. The raptors have finally returned after being absent for 3 years following our Joplin tornado, hope they do their jobs and get rid of them again! There are foxes too for bunny population control. My cat is too old, well fed and lazy to bother.
Sandy

o

They've been at my bird feeders, scoring the sunflower seeds the birds have dropped. I look out the front door about every hour at night and there seem to three of them. One runs west, one runs east, one runs south. My dog runs north. It's odd. Rabbits seem to flourish up and down my long driveway, but I rarely find rabbit damage on plants. However, we have given up trying to grow burning bush, which is just rabbit candy here.

o

They also find parrotia persica very tasty, too...:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here