• keanaz5a
    13 years ago

Pearl Lake:

Piedmont Gold:

Paradigm:

• luvtosharedivs
    13 years ago

H-P-man,
    Thanks to you, I will add Peter Ruh to my wish list.

Paul,
    Thanks to you, I will add Popcorn to my wish list.

Keana,
    Does Piedmont Gold turn gold later in the season?

One of my favorites:

A sport of Halcyon:

I suppose everyone has this one:

Second year in my garden:

Slow grower:

I wonder if I should divide Potomac Pride...leaves seem to be crowding each other:

Julie

• mctavish6
    13 years ago

Some the same but what the heck...

New this year. I'm a big fan of the greens. I loved the shape of Sky Dancer from a few years ago and this is the green version. I have high hopes for it this year and maybe someday I'll put the two next to each other.

This Pauls Glory was moved into a new area in the woods last summer. I managed to get this picture in the evening when a beam of light was hitting it just right.

This one is my favourite hosta name by far.

Yes, Piedmont gold goes very yellow and almost white in a lot of sun. This picture was taken in July

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

Pathelion,gets bigger and better every year! Phil

{{gwi:936887}}

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

Phil, thanks for showing your very nice Parhelion, how old is it? I planted a single eye with large leaves in 2009, did not do much last year, but hope mine will get as beautiful as yours one year.
    Bernd

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

Bernd,that Parhelion was planted in 2005,but this was not the original place. I moved it to here probably the same year,I really don't remember exactly when. It actually grows better than my Sum and Subs,which are older. This location gets a lot of sun,which it seems to like. Phil

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

OK Bernd,I went back and found a pic of Parhelion from August 2005,when it was planted here. Phil

{{gwi:936888}}

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

Phil, thanks for this picture too!
    Mine did not have as many leaves last August as your 2005 one shows, so it seems I need to wait another 7 years to get mine to the size of yours in your first photo. This requires a lot of patience, and it shows again that it is worth for me to buy a bigger potted plant at $20-25 when it reduces the waiting time by 3 years or so.
    I bought several plants 2 each and planted them close together, but that only created a larger immature plant. Soil amended with a lot of humus and a lot of water will help faster growth too so it seems.
    Thanks again! Bernd

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    13 years ago

Paradise Expectations:

• franknjim
    13 years ago

A young single Praying Hands with an unusual leaf. New 2009.
    {{gwi:936890}}

• hosta_freak
    13 years ago

Here's Paradise Power,upper right,with Dawns Early Light,lower left. Paradise power is a rapid grower in my garden. Phil

{{gwi:936891}}

• coralb
    13 years ago

Paradigm-new in 2010

• nutmeg4061
    13 years ago

luvs, thank you for posting your beautiful Potomic Pride, one of my all time favorites. Here's a pic of my baby P. Pride. I just love its look when it's this small, as well. They need to miniaturize it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Young Potomic Pride

• luvtosharedivs
    13 years ago

Nutmeg,
    You're welcome.
    Nice fresh looking young Potomac Pride you have there!
    Mine actually looks darker than in the photo (with the sun filtering through the trees.)

I took the liberty to browse through your pics in your album.
    I especially like the Hosta garden with the Sweet Woodruff in the background.

Julie

• hostahillbilly
    13 years ago

on left, gets a lot of sun, our other one in shade is way different and waaaay slower:
    {{gwi:925400}}

hh

• in ny zone5
    13 years ago

Last May with its new growth, Paradigm, Paul's Glory and Gold Standard in a row interspersed with green hostas looked the same from 10 ft away. Gold Standard was bigger, and the other two were bought as multi-eye plants the year before. Paradigm then decreased rapidly, same spot a year ago a Abiqua Drinking Gourd nearly died, mystery.
    Bernd

• nutmeg4061
    13 years ago

luvs, thanks for that compliment, altho there is really nothing there yet in my album,lol. I hope to be able to participate more picture-wise, in the future. That is all going to depend on how much work I get done this year, before the heat and humidity of summer kick in, ugh!