Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berndnyz5

Hosta Instructional Videos

in ny zone5
10 years ago

Look at the link provided on the Hosta Library!
(though on Saturday, Feb. 8, it was gone at the big center display of the Hosta Library, but the Web address is still valid!)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hosta

Bernd

This post was edited by berndnyz5 on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 16:20

Comments (14)

• in ny zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

here it goes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hosta Videos on YouTube.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Thanks, bernd.

Gesila, I just watched your garden videos on you tube from the Hosta Library link. Thanks! Those are very nice.

Don B.

• in ny zone5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Since I wrote the initial post, I need to mention that there are some misleading videos. One showing in 2008 a new version of hosta 'Sum and Substance' with 'watermelon coloring' that actually seems to have a lot of HVX virus.

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Thanks for the warning, Bernd.

Those new watermelon variety S and S's were all over a couple of local garden centers last spring. 'Green Leaf' was the wholesaler, FYI. The Colorado Dept. of Agriculture didn't appreciate these beauties, and made the retailer stop selling them.

Some big meanie called the HVX Police on them. Who would DO that? Some local A***ole, I guess : I Perhaps we'll never know.

Don B.

• miketropic
    10 years ago

thanks for the link...I added 3 more to my list..woomp woomp

side note, in that link there is a video called hosta garden tour. can anyone ID that potted plant around the 5 min mark behind the Empress Wu?

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

Well, I just spent the last hour looking at spectacular(sp questionable) gardens. Thank you Bernd for that link. It is now on my favorites,great to have since we in the PNW are now snowed in. I can't even get out on my deck, too slippery. And we are just above freezing so it is all melting and will do so until evening when it will all freeze again. An unbelievable amount of snow and ice for us. (well for a few years anyway). But Bernd's link has helped alot except that I added eleventeen(new number) plants to my want list! Can you believe some of those gardens? Like I said Thank you , Bernd!!!!

• don_in_colorado
    10 years ago

Miketropic, that might be 'Pineapple Upsidedown Cake' in the pot behind 'Empress Wu'.

Don B.

• miketropic
    10 years ago

sorry I wasn't clear I meant the tree with the odd foliage.

• miketropic
    10 years ago

sorry I wasn't clear I meant the tree with the odd foliage.

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

It's hard to know which tree you are talking about, Mike. I'm guessing those are Japanese maples. Maybe Seiryu or another variety similar to that.

Steve

• miketropic
    10 years ago

its in a old black plastic greenhouse pot, had very large leaves on it but only 3 or 4 of them. sitting on the ground behind the big Wu. Almost looked like a papaya for a second but I doubt that..hrrmm

• Steve Massachusetts
    10 years ago

You mean this one, Mike? Those look like Oak leaves to me, but it could be something more exotic. It is a garden in Tennessee.

Steve

• miketropic
    10 years ago

That would be the one..they do look like oak leaves but in a diff. shot they seem to be much more jagged or serrated on the edges. IDK and sorry for derailing the thread just curious what that was..Just a foliage freaks in need of an ID lol..Like I have to say it..that is one fantastic hosta garden I was overly impressed.

• User
    10 years ago

So much for going to bed early!!
    Gesila, started with you, went to Steve_Mass, and from there, well, let me get back to it.....see ya later.

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax