Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interplanting: A really cool effect

Posted by Don_in_Colorado 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 20:34

What a great idea Dr. Jim Wilkins had when he did this. I'm planning on trying this with 'Fried Bananas' and 'Fried Green Tomatoes'. What a head-turner this would be in the garden.
I may try it with the original cultivars too, it looks so good.

Cheers,
Don B.

Here is a link that might be useful: Interplanting two varieties to make a 'single' plant

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 2:04

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interplanting: A really cool effect

That looks interesting and sure would be a conversation item in a garden

o

if you let your june go long enough.. the blue version will do the same .... what is that.. halcyon??? .. and that is a quite nice pairing ...

ken

o

Sometimes one plant will do it for you - Paradigm.

Paul

o

Ah...what fun. Now I can double my orders to put two hosta in each single spot! ;)

o

cyn427.....I like the way you think!

Don B.

o

Photobucket
Native ginger with hosta

Photobucket
Native ginger with hosta

o

If you plant new young plants too close to each other, they will intermingle as they grow up.

o

I have Gold Drop, wonder if Blue Cadet would habitate well with it? Another combo since I do not have Gold Edger.

This year, I am sure something like two-in-one pot will help me reduce the sheer number of pots I must deal with. Now that DH is home, it will help camouflage the number of hosta WE (I use that pronoun advisedly) are growing.

Yeah, and will explain my activities as the 2013 orders begin arriving in late March.....hehehehehe....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here