Return to the Hosta Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2008 hosta pics by Papou

Posted by almosthooked 5 a BC (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 21:33

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hosta/hpgal0609085012790

Not sure if I can repost this but there are so many nice hosta from this old posting. I tried to bump but it wouldn't happen. Well worth the look

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2008 hosta pics by Papou

You forgot to copy the last 5 characters...

Here's the complete link..

Pieter

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 Hosta pics by Papou

o

i never understood his drive to count pips..

but he had the time of his life doing it...

and i respected him for whatever made him happy ...

kenm

o

Wow, this man's hostas looked as good as anyone's, anywhere.

R.I.P. Papou, I wish I'd had the pleasure...

Don B.

o

Thank you so much for the completed address Peiter. I guess when I was doing the paste/copy I missed those last #s. I was in AWE over the pictures and wish I had had the pleasure of knowing this man. Wonderful hostas and I bet full of knowledge some of us could find useful
Thanks also to cowboy for the email stating the same
Faye

o

Papou had that wonderful web site of his wonderful gardens (plural) around his house which was at a lake. It seemed that every hosta was a big and perfect clump. R.I.P.
His family seemed to have discontinued his website, would have been nice to continue to have access to it. Bernd

o

Papou's photobucket site still exists.

Papou's Photobucket site

Here is a link that might be useful: Papou's photobucket site

o

Papou was a real gem!

I still have a Liberty which I planted in his memory!

o

I bookmarked that site, yes, these are his many gardens. My h.'Liberty' was planted the year he left. I think the 'Liberty' on top of the GW Hosta Forum is in his memory in part.

o

What an incredible wealth of information and an incredible legacy! Thank you Papou, for your bequeath, RIP, you have left behind something that has made a difference for others.

Is there any chance that his photobucket account will go inactive?
Kathy

o

I just spent some time going thru' Papou's website! How wonderful is it that we have access to all that priceless
information! I am going to be 88 in a couple of months and I love this machine. I think it is the greatest invention since sliced bread!( an old saying!) Thank you Papou !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hosta Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here